Superb!

lovving OSMC. Tried OpenElec, LibreElec, Raspbian, Xbian.

OSMC is slick , I prefer its interface over the others, and the deal breaker for me is the ability to tweak the system using linux based OS

But wait…

I have installed all these OSs and then just added (if not integrated into the OS) Kodi and just one add on: Simple IPTV client. Then I jet the machine settle down and monitor average load and temp across the systems as configured. I took several measurements over 2 hours. No other nodes on the LAN, incoming WAN traffic blocked via seperate firewall box, other than one incoming multicast live TV stream

LibreElec average load was 25% and 54.2C temp
OSMC average load was a whopping 8% and 45.4C

I note that LibreElec “just enough for kodi” but whats going on here. OSMC is beating it to a pulp. And for a “more fuller system” , why isnt everyone running OSMC

Well done team

4 Likes

Thanks for the positive report.

Our forum is usually full of users that (quite rightly) just want to get things up and running; so we don’t get a lot of positive feedback in the short term.

We appreciate these reports.

LE and OSMC performance will probably be similar under similar workloads: but if you can appreciate the Debian aspect, that’s great. Not everyone wants or needs a full Linux system. For those that do, we do our very best.

Cheers

Sam

1 Like