[Deprecated] [TESTING] Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP)

Thanks a lot for such quick answer! Than I have few csr usb dongles 2,3,4.0 versión how can I configurate Bluetooth to use them on Rp3 and which of them do you recommend? and also I dont want to trick with alsa settings because it works perfectly with my external usb x-fi card to use optical/spdif output by default

I don’t know which dongles work well, but we have a recommended one in our Store.

You may want to disable the internal adapter, which can be done via config.txt (search the forum).

If your intention is to stream from Bluetooth -> a USB sound card, then you will experience stuttering due to unaligned buffers between input and output.

Perfect i will try today them. And no, for stream I have dlna o similar. I want just use wireless headphones to movies/radio.

Thanks for all your help @sam_nazarko and team.
Best regards, and Merry Xmas!

Is the internal RPi3 BT also problematic when streaming from (Android) to RPi3? Or only vice versa?

I installed the package, can connect to my bluetooth headphones, audio output is set to “ALSA: OSMC streaming to Bluetooth speaker/headphones”. Zero sound in headphones, aaaaannnnndddd there’s also no sound over HDMI, when set to HDMI.

Not sure how what to do now.

Hi,

I couldn’t manage to connect to my bluetooth headphones with the internal BT chipset of the Rpi3, so I bought the USB bluetooth dongle from the OSMC store instead.

The only thing I need to do now is to add dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt in config.txt ? After doing that, when I go to the Bluetooth menu of OSMC, the usb dongle will be used instead ? Nothing else to do ?

Thank you !

That’s it. Or you can add dtoverlay=sdhost and disable the internal WiFi too

We are now getting near the point where we will call this feature Beta, but there is a bit more work to do, particularly in the userland side of things.

Our latest Kodi Krypton build now supports displaying track and playlist information when streaming from a compatible device to OSMC (thanks to @gezb). The correct way to get this running is (at the time of writing) as follows:

• Install a Kodi Krypton build
  • Follow the instructions at the top of this thread.

If you already have the A2DP software installed, you should install a Kodi Krypton build, then issue the following commands to ensure that you receive the experiemental Krypton version of the A2DP package:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

We are looking forward to your feedback.

Just to add some extra info to Sam’s post above.

In addition to displaying track and playlist information BTPlayer has basic control of the streaming device

• Pressing Pause/Stop in OSMC will stop the device playing
  • Pressing Next and Previous buttons in Kodi will change the track on the streaming device (in the same way Bluetooth headphones do)

Hi,

I’m finally able to stream to osmc from my nexus6p phone.
Initially pairing was Ok, but connection failed each time
after a apt-get install bluez-firmware I got it to work.

Connecting fine and able to stream from spotify & google player.
However, BTplayer is not displaying anything. It looks like Kodi isn’t aware anything is playing at all.
Is this normal?

Can you provide a debug log please

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information, including logs from you. Our wiki contains detailed steps for providing the relevant info we need to help you.

Sure.

http://paste.osmc.io/ohosemozog

As mentioned music is playing however nothing is displayed in OSMC.
Since connectinng was failing, the only additional step i took to get it working was the install of “bluez-firmware”

Hi

Can you go into plugins-> my plugins -> service plugins and check that BTPlayer is enabled

I can’t see the plugin loading in your logs and this is possibly why you are not seeing info from streaming

Are you using the official OSMC dongle? No additional firmware should be needed for this.

If not, what does dmesg show?

Indeed BTPlayer was not enabled.
Issue solved. All works now.
Sorry for this noob issue.
I wasn’t aware that is should be enabled separately.

Thanks for your support!

Thanks for letting me know you have it working

Its not a noob issue something I have missed I will make sure it gets automatically in a future release not sure if it will make the rc1 build tho

No it’s not the official OSMC dongle.
It’s a HAMA usb-adapter class 2

[    0.354256] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
[    0.354383] usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
[    0.354548] usbcore: registered new device driver usb
[    1.731992] usbcore: registered new interface driver smsc95xx
[    2.133848] dwc_otg 3f980000.usb: DWC OTG Controller
[    2.133909] dwc_otg 3f980000.usb: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
[    2.133963] dwc_otg 3f980000.usb: irq 62, io mem 0x00000000
[    2.134348] usb usb1: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0002
[    2.134368] usb usb1: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1
[    2.134385] usb usb1: Product: DWC OTG Controller
[    2.134401] usb usb1: Manufacturer: Linux 4.4.27-5-osmc dwc_otg_hcd
[    2.134416] usb usb1: SerialNumber: 3f980000.usb
[    2.137022] usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
[    2.138197] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbtouchscreen
[    2.218419] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
[    2.218428] usbhid: USB HID core driver
[    2.507305] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using dwc_otg
[    2.707631] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0424, idProduct=9514
[    2.707656] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0
[    2.987327] usb 1-1.1: new high-speed USB device number 3 using dwc_otg
[    3.087654] usb 1-1.1: New USB device found, idVendor=0424, idProduct=ec00
[    3.087683] usb 1-1.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0
[    3.150482] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: register 'smsc95xx' at usb-3f980000.usb-1.1, smsc95xx USB 2.0 Ethernet, b8:27:eb:f3:e3:bc
[    3.397275] usb 1-1.4: new full-speed USB device number 4 using dwc_otg
[    3.582684] usb 1-1.4: New USB device found, idVendor=0a12, idProduct=0001
[    3.582712] usb 1-1.4: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[    3.582724] usb 1-1.4: Product: CSR8510 A10
[    6.231951] usbcore: registered new interface driver btusb

Where can I find this setting?

I’m having connection issues. Pairing works, but connection fails.

“Dec 30 13:05:29 osmc bluetoothd[582]: a2dp-source profile connect failed for FC:3F:7C:C2:E2:B3: Protocol not available”
Complete log: http://paste.osmc.io/gujezaviba
Tried two different Bluetooth dongles, no official ones.
Did an apt-get install bluez-firmware, still same issue.

On my phone I can only share contact info with the osmc Bluetooth device it’s paired with. With my Bluetooth speaker I also have the option to enable phone audio and media audio with that Bluetooth device

It looks like you have not installed the a2dp-app-osmc package

Can you run from an ssh session:

sudo apt-get install -f a2dp-app-osmc

This should install version 1.0.7 of the a2dp-app-osmc package and the required PulseAudio dependencies

Reboot then you should be able to pair your phone

You will also need to enable the BTPlayer service

Go into plugins-> my plugins → service plugins and check that BTPlayer is enabled

Thanks! I got it to work. BTPlayer option is under add-ons, so couldn’t find it at first.
Streaming audio from phone works. Stutters sometimes, but overall it seems to work pretty good :+1:.