[Deprecated] [TESTING] Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP)

Hey Sam!

I’ve been trying out the bluetooth features on my Pi3 running the Krypton beta lately and encountered some issues I haven’t managed to fix yet.

First time I tried the bluetooth functionality, everything worked fine with my iPod 4 Touch, I was able to connect and to stream music to OSMC, it also displayed track info. When I tried to connect with my android phone, OSMC did show up, but only as a bluetooth device, not a bluetooth speaker. I was able to pair the devices, but couldn’t connect them, neither stream music.

For other reasons I had to reinstall OSMC on my RasPi, after the reinstall I was suddenly able to pair and connect both my iPod and phone just fine. OSMC showed up as a bluetooth speaker and connection was established quite fast. But when I played music on any of my devices, OSMC didn’t do anything. No loading, no track info, no playback, no audio. In bluetooth settings it said that the device was connected properly, but that was it.

TL;DR:

First installation: iPod can pair, connect and stream without problems, phone can only pair
Second installation: Both devices can pair and connect, but neither of them can stream.

Any ideas on this?

Greets,
Chap

Having the same issue

Try running the commands again.

Unfortunately not without a log.

Sam

now it is working, thank you

Sure, which logs do you need exactly?

grab-logs -A

Cool, now everything is fine. Thanks, Sam!

The new one worked! Found devices and held connection, even through audio out to bluetooth headphones. Thanks for the great customer service on the store as well.

There you go: http://paste.osmc.io/axiqenaran

Glad to hear it :slight_smile:

Thanks for supporting OSMC

has anyone managed to get the in-built bluetooth of the Pi3 to work?

Tried the A2DP, worked like a charm…
Great…

Hi guys,

I have installed OSMC latest build Krypton on a Pi3, and I need to stream audio out to a soundbar via bluetooth. I’ve purchased the bluetooth dongle from OSMC store, and everything is working fine.

Now I’d like to have my soundbar always on, even when I’m not using it, so I tried to set option “Keep Audio Device Alive” in Settings -> System -> Audio to “always”, but the soundbar keeps on going standby after a while. Is this feature expected to work when using A2DP ?

Thanks
Josh

I finally got it to work!!! The music player I was using on my phone was causing issues, and when I changed the music app, it worked! I was wondering does anyone else have a problem with a crackling/static sound when playing music? (Also occurs when changing tracks) The sound quality seems just fine when playing music directly off the pi. I’m currently using this on a RPI3 with an official touchscreen mounted inside of my car. The on board bluetooth is disabled and I’m using a bluetooth usb adapter.

sorry sam, i can´t do it. i have write your code by putty with the osmc donggle bluetooth connected, but then…what i have to do, i mean, where i have to go to pair the bluetooth headphones with your osmc donggle?

Look in MyOSMC>Networking

arff i found the problem, i have the audio source selected to the bluetooth before pairing the headphones and it do not works, i do it in other order and it works, first pair and then select the source in the audio menu…

thanks sam

I would like to upgrade to kodi 17 Krypton. Are there after upgrade any problem with Bluetooth audio streaming?

Not for me

1 Like