[Deprecated] [TESTING] Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP)

I want to stream from my phone to a raspi 3 (using the integrated bluetooth of the raspi 3, without using an external dongle). The raspi runs osmc with confluence skin with up-to-date versions.

I could install successfully these commands:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install a2dp-app-osmc

What is the next step?
I’ve expected to find some new entry en confluence to configure/pair the bluetooth but I couldn’t. Are there such menus available? If yes, where?
Or should I configure the bluetooth using linux shell commands? If yes, how?

Thanks in advance!

It’s in the MyOSMC addon

bluetoothctl

Thanks @fzinken! I could pair my phone with “My Osmc” add-on!!!

I have still a problem: I can stream audio to the TV set but the sound doesn’t go to the analog audio output of the raspi. The audio output is properly configured, if I play music or videos, the audio goes to both, TV and audio output. My goal is to hear music without using the TV.

I took some time to read this thread and at least 15 persons have the same problem, but none of the answers helped me :frowning:

I’ve tried to configure ALSA settings as proposed by @Alistair_Richardson without success:
amixer -c 0 cset numid=3 1

Also setting setting hdmi_ignore_edid_audio=1 in /boot/config.txt does not make any effect (taken from ALSA audio through 3.5mm jack instead of HDMI - #7 by b3n_ja_m1n)

The interesting thing is that when playing music over BT, changing any setting in audio output (only analog, only HDMI, both, alsa) makes no effect, the sound goes always to HDMI. Tests were done with these versions:

Kodi 17.6
Osmc 2018.12-1
a2dp-app-osmc 1.1.3

Is A2DP working okay on the latest nightlies?

I can connect okay but as soon as I begin playback kodi insta-crashes and relaunches (although music still plays while this is happening).

Just want to check if I’m the only one experiencing this.

@sam_nazarko

A2DP is not affected by Kodi (it can run with Kodi stopped); but it’s possible BTPlayer is causing an issue.

If you stop Kodi, does it work?
(sudo systemctl stop medicenter)

Yes that works fine, no issues there. The crash occurs only when kodi is running immediately when playback starts from the audio source. I’ve tried re-pairing already.

Can you post a debug log after the crash?

Sam

Hello, have a problem with BT … Have bought the osmc dongle. Connection is wonderful, but when I run music, it stutters unfortunately when playing … My setup, Rasp 3B + with Kodi 17 in the BMW E39 … Tested with P10 and P30 Pro best regards

Any reason you are not running latest OSMC version?
It may (or may not) solve the problem

How is the Pi powered
Did you disable the internal dongle?

1 Like

Kodi 18 works not God for me, the a2dp dont Show the track Name in the Player and the stottering is in kodi 18 same

Power over the gpio…

Nö, how can i disable the on Board BT?

See

That’s korrekt so?

I’m using this and my phone is connected and if I play music phone doesn’t give any sound and that means that it sends sound to RPi through bluetooth. The problem is that I don’t know how to make RPi play it. Sometimes it just does, sometimes it just don’t.

Is there already addon or builtin BT function to see what’s playing and so on? To control BT?

For me works the playback and title ID on kodi 17 perfekt, on kodi 18 don’t work, maybe you can test it on kodi 17?

Yes – the patches for BTPlayer haven’t been updated for Kodi v18, so this behaviour is expected.

Sam

I’ve installed A2DP as per these instructions on my Vero 4K.

After a restart, the Settings/System/Audio is set to playback through PulseAudio server. I’ve enabled bluetooth in MyOSMC/Network, which expands the option to “Start/Stop Discovery”. But no devices ever show up. The “Start/Stop Discovery” button blinks briefly and nothing else happens.

Through SSH (putty):
“bluetoothctl” triggers an endless “waiting to connect to bluetoothd”
“systemctl status bluetooth” returns:
bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/bluetooth.service.d
`-local.conf
Active: inactive (dead)

Any ideas?

Can you please post a log?

Yes, of course here is the log:
https://paste.osmc.tv/oyibosesuq

You may need to pair via the command line
What device are you trying to pair with?

Sam