[TESTING] Kodi v18 release builds

Tested for 3 hours, I have just experienced 1 issue in the “My Osmc” menu where my remote (minix a2 lite) does not make any effect.
Thanks for the update : )

0 Likes

Did you try to update again to the version provided this morning?

0 Likes

Just installed it, problem’s gone :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Is there any changelog to check any OSMC upgraded/updated features (not just the ones related to the Kodi 17->18 app upgrade)? HDR Metadata ?

Thanks.

0 Likes

That will come with 4.9 which will come after this update.

We don’t want to change too many things at once

Sam

3 Likes

Thx Sam & team, everything worked so far. Will test it more over the holidays. Besides v18 starting in 480p, I encountered nothing broken. Migration worked perfectly and very fast.

Being able to finally install Estuary Mod v2 was already worth it, what a great skin mod.

0 Likes

Oh there was one minor issue, no idea if that was just me… after migration Kodi opens a screen and tells me which addons could not be migrated… I could not leave that screen by pressing „ok“, neither my harmony remote nor my osmc remote was able to leave that screen by pressing „ok“. I had to restart device and thankfully the screen was gone and my harmony remote worked immediately.

0 Likes

So far so good on my reserve V4K+. The GUI stuck at 480p for a while, did not like my first attempt to change it to 1080/60 but it stuck after a couple of attempts.

Encouragingly, the Vero can now play one of my TVH .ts files that previously only played back on a Pi, so it might now be more resilient against poor TVH authoring. Also ok with a R1 episode of Start Trek DS9 that was causing frame-rate switching issues before, that’s now gone.

Think I’ll run this for a week or so before migrating my in-service Vero’s, but ok so far. Thanks for everyone’s efforts on this.

0 Likes

These two issues were most likely fixed by:

Glad to see this fix is proving fruitful :wink:

0 Likes

I was hoping to get some clarification on this; I have a Vero 4 attached to an AV unit that pipes to a 4k projector and frequently switch resolutions. I never turn off the Vero but always do so with the AV and projector. Will I experience this issue you’ve described? I’d love to test this but am hesitant if I’ll be hit by this known problem. Thanks!

0 Likes

It’s only an issue if the 4K reboots while the AVR/Projector are off. Once the 4K is running, you can turn off the AVR/Projector with no problems. I do this all the time with my AVR/TV connected to my 4K.

0 Likes

Raspberry Pi B+ upgraded without issue.

Some notes:

• ‘Games’ option appeared on Estuary skin when previously disabled?
  • Some general minor interface lag (no doubt will improve with time).
  • PVR - tvheadend - noticeable stutter/pause/stutter when beginning playback - once playing appears okay (buffering/performance issue?).
0 Likes

Hello.
Thanks for the update. it went smoothly.
I’m running the software on RPI 3.
One thing I noticed as not working is the music visualizations. I remember having shadertoy running from popcornmix repo. So, I tried to reinstall it, on both skins (osmc + estuary) : not ok.
Do you also have this issue , or is something not ok on my side ?
Thanks.

0 Likes

There seems to have been an issue compiling them for Kodi 18

1 Like

Just updated my Pi and the setting I had to boost the center channel in the downmix to my speaker bar has disappeared from the expert view audio settings. Any ideas what’s happened?

EDIT: the missing options on the Pi are there on the updated Vero, so an issue with the Pi build?

0 Likes

So far everything works on my side, only once happened when started a video it crushed with sad face. After rebooting worked fine.

0 Likes

Just updated from 17 stable to kodi18 on RasPi3. Everything works fine except there are no Emulator-Addons? How do I get them?

2 Likes

The emulators were not included in this RC, but will be in next/stable.

3 Likes

Aahhh… Thank you. :+1:

0 Likes

Testing on a vero4k…looks like the LiveTV issues i was previously having are back:

Did not have these problems with the gmc builds. Will update that thread with logs etc.

0 Likes