[TESTING] Vero 4K thermal driver

Have just installed in the hope it might address the issue in this post: Video files sometimes playable, sometimes not - #16 by sam_nazarko

So far, so good. Initial temperature after the install & reboot was 70000 (70’c?).
Playing a 70GB 4K file over NFS got it up to 72000.
Jumped in and out of several menu’s (Aeon Nox theme) [unscientifically] felt slightly more responsive.
Playing smaller TV episodes temperature dropped to 65000.

I would usually experience the crashing/playback stuck at 0:00:00 issue after every 2-4 video’s after a reboot. I ran about 15 different ones during my testing without an issue so far.

Hope that helps. If you need any logs or other info just let me know.

If I get any instability in the coming days I will post a follow-up, otherwise assume no news is good news!

Thanks Sam & team!

UPDATED 27/4/18: Unfortunately the crashing issue is still happening intermittently on playback, but has been a lot better (now ~1 a day, rather than 5+ times a day). Temperature at the last crash was 67000. I will update the other post as this was happening before the thermal driver update so I don’t think it’s related. As I say, if anything the issue improved notably after applying this. Thanks.

2 Likes