Some menu text is gone

Hi,
After the latest update some of the menu text is gone…
See attached screenshot.

HW: Vero4K+
OSMC: 2019.04-1

Edit: Sorry didn’t see you were in the settings menu

Is this the right menu?

Please go to colours in that menu and select the second item from the top on the right side there. Then press ok once or twice and please let us know what happens.

I’m stumped because I haven’t seen this issue before. :thinking: Some users reported that absolutely no text was visible, but you can see some of it.

I have a similar problem. Some of the text was missing - I could solve that problem by changing the font to Arial.
But in the Main Menu the category music is renamed to “not available” and Films is renamed to N/A.

Don’t know if this is related?

Hi,

Tom.

Hi,
I have tried to reset and change the font to Aria but the issue still exists.

No cigar.:pensive:

I thought that I solved it by temporary change skin and then back to the OSMC skin. After the swap I had all text visible but after a reboot it went missing again…

logs https://paste.osmc.tv/cusehaloce

Still trying to figure out what’s going on here… Haven’t seen this issue on any of our test setups before.

Could you post the output of paste-log /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.osmc/settings.xml?

It may give me a clue what’s going wrong here. :thinking:

I had the same problem after the update: Movies was renamed to N/A, TV-series was renamed to ‘Not available’. After resetting the menu, the entries disappeared completely.

I changed the skin to Estuary, and now I see the Movies section, but I receive an error ‘Your library is currently empty’.

My library is in MySQL, and the ability to change the settings for MySQL seem to be gone from the Network - MySQL menu in My OSMC: I can only see ‘Enable MySQL VideoDB’ and ‘Enable MySQL MusicDB’, but the settings (server, login name) are missing.

Joost

here you go https://paste.osmc.tv/zeqonixiya

I did a temporary fix by deleting all profiles except the master. The text is now visible and the “fix” survives a reboot.
This fix is not perfect but it will do for now…
If you need more logs and stuff from me, just give me a ping.

I’ll just add a +1 - I’m getting exactly the same thing (and a lot more problems with the Easter update :frowning: ).

Yep, same issues here.
Videos renamed ‘N/A’
Music renamed ‘Not Available’
Resolution setting changed to 720 from 1080.
Also switched my custom background photos to the standard water splash background.
No big deal just wanted to give a heads up.

Are you using profiles?

We’re still trying to figure out what’s going on here. There are four issues discussed here:

This is a localize issue due to Kodi having changed the localizes for those menu items (videos and music). If home menu customisation was enabled, the script responsible for that carried over the old localizes to v18 and therefore renaming or resetting the videos and music home menu entries is needed.
Unfortunately, this has to be done manually in our skin settings under Home/Customise home menu.

The missing text issue is the second one. This one we’re still not absolutely sure about. It looks like it is directly related to using profiles. The master profile is the base, so to say, and all other profiles add addon installs or settings changes on top. We can reproduce the issue on a test setup as well.
If only using master profile fixes it - which seems to be the case -, this is an intermediate fix, but of course not permanently.

This issue we’re aware of. Maybe @Karnage can help here. This issue has only popped up with v18.

This happens on all installs when migrating from v17 to v18 as the background settings changed completely and there was no way for us to carry over the old custom setting. So, do just set your custom background again once, please. It won’t revert again. :slightly_smiling_face:

So, we did some testing here… The good news: everything’s fine with our OSMC skin. The bad news: this is quite a bad Kodi bug.

If we set other skins than our OSMC skin (like Estuary and Confluence) in master and second profile, these things happen:

Either Estuary is somehow loaded although Confluence is selected…

…or Confluence is loaded, but without text.

What is noticable as well: Kodi crashes quite often when switching between profiles - on OSMC as well as on Windows.

Our recommendation: don’t use profiles atm and stick to the master profile. This is an upstream Kodi bug.

1 Like

Ok, thank you for your hard and excellent work!