The skin is absolutely horrendous

I have managed to update my Vero 4k+ and the new version completely bastardized the visual style.
How do I get back to the previous skin? This makes me want to vomit. Whose colourblind 4 year old child made this? For real, who asked for washed out mixture of blue and some green?
The previous crisp-looking lighter blue waves were just about perfect. This is ridiculous.

Which version did you update from?

The skin was changed a long time ago. You can of course go back, but you’ll need to install an older version of OSMC.

2020 11-1 or something.

We announced some changes in August and released them with the newer version of Kodi v19.

See: The OSMC Skin redesign - OSMC.

You should be able to customise the colours to your liking, assuming it’s not a layout issue.

I am not very experienced with the settings, but when I went into the colours settings (or so I thought) it wanted me to download something and that’s where I called it quits.
I am not really IT-illiterate, but this just looked pointlessly complicated.

You could just download any skin you like that has kodi 19 support without showing the word what type of rude idiot you are.

Reminds me of a joke it goes like this.

Before the internet only my wife knew how stupid I am but now everyone knows :rofl:

4 Likes

wah wah wah
Ever heard the saying “if it works, don’t fix it”?

Something like a color pallet on a skin is going to be a matter of personal preference. Some are going to prefer the old, some the new, some neither. Aggrandizing your preference to the point of insult serves no one positively. Some information about working with the OSMC skin can be found in our wiki on the subject…

And there is information to be found on using other skins on Kodi’s wiki…

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Change_skins

Your energy will be more productive looking for a solution you have control over rather than whatever it is you thought you were going to accomplish with this thread.

9 Likes