This thing doesn't work

I tried installing on my Raspberry Pi. Since I could find no information on how to upgrade XBMC 12 to Kodi I decided to start over. So being undable to discern the difference between RASPBIAN and OSMC (which I think includes Kodi but I’m not sure) if decided on OSMC. I burned it on a new SD card and plugged it in my Pi. When it came up it wanted me to pick a language. Since I don’t speak Africaans (sp?) I chose English. Then on I went and when asked to be added to the mailing list I entered my email address. Then nothing happened. I waited and waited and there was no indication of any activity. So I thought maybe I needed to unplug the power and reboot. So I did and a window appeared with a list of things like Video, etc. Suddenly, I was asked for my language again. I put that info in once more.

Then nothing happened. I waited and waited and there was no indication of any activity. So I thought maybe I needed to unplug the power and reboot. So I did and a window appeared with a list of things like Video, etc. Suddenly, I was asked for my language again. So I powered off and put my SD card with XBMC 12 back into my Pi and power it back up.

What a pain. This installation is stupid. It doesn’t work. There are no instructions on how to install anywhere as far as I can tell. I’m sorry but I’m not a mind reader. This thing just doesn’t work for me. I don’t know how other people have been able to get it to install but I don’t want to waste any more time with this thing.

Hello

There are some differences between Raspbian and OSMC. Raspbian builds of Kodi are not optimised in the same way that OSMC is.

Did you select ‘Finish’ once you entered the email?

Sam