Timeline highlighting bug in EPG

It seems it is because OSMC is still on 17.1 rc1 only :frowning:

@sam_nazarko any plans to upgrade this soon?

Any change log reference for that?

@fzinken just check the link that @michael47 posted:

DVBLink Kodi pvr addon v3.4.0 for Krypton has been merged today into the mainline and should appear in Kodi 17.1 nightlies coming days.
The change log is:
Version 3.4.0
Fixed: Crash when switching channels with timeshift enabled ( #69 )
> Fixed: Hangup after period of inactivity ( #64 )
Fixed: Incorrect dvblink server version displayed in addon proeprties ( #66 )
Fixed: Timer Rules incorrectly detected ( #68 )
Changed: default value to “new only” when setting series recording ( #65 )
Added: timeshift commands to libdvblnikremote
Changed: dvblink channel id to string for compatibility with future dvblink versions
Added: margin of 10 seconds to IsRealTimeStream and IsTimeshifting definitions
General: code refactoring for easier maintenance

Nightlies are versions for testing and not for stable operation.

But if it is the addon and not Kodi than you can manually install the addon via Zip file

i would love to do it but if i download the zip from their git, i cannot install it. think i should have compiled it somehow, but i dont know how to do it.

can’t i just grab the files/zip from somewhere else? would you be able to help me.

Yep you would need to compile it manually as it seems to be a binary addon.
I guess their github explains how to compile

thanks @fzinken!

Is it safe to do that on OSMC?

I don’t want to kill the system :smiley:

A new version of Kodi 17.1 should land soon (final).
It looks like this will resolve your issue.

Sam

hi @sam_nazarko!

Thanks for today’s update, it fixed a lot of thinks!

Although the highlight issue (0:05-0:10) it is still happening, and i don’t think it is a PVR related issue, more like a skin issue. https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B5507l1XfpWRLUk1dm8zRVVEblU&export=download

Could you please look into it? You can find debug log above.

Thx.

I don’t understand what the issue is from your video. Are you talking about the white mark that used to hang on the screen after Play / Pause? I think this is fixed now.

@BobCrachett may see what you mean.

We read dozens of logs a day… No one has any desire to download your log so that we can just chase it down and delete it 2 minutes later!! USE http://paste.osmc.io PLEASE!!

All you have to do is type grab-logs -A or use the uploader in MyOSMC!! We’ve made it easy for you and us for a reason!

I’m talking about the multiple selections as i go down on the channel list… the selection stuck on the previous line as well. Just check the video from 0:05-0:10.

@ActionA: I mentioned that the log was provided already, above. Here you are again: http://paste.osmc.io/zitamezizo3

I did – I don’t exactly get what I’m looking at, but hope our skinner can help

just check the screenshot i sent:

on this one you can see that the highlight is not going down line by line, but remains on the previous channels as well. on the screenshot you can see 6 selections instead of 1.

Okay – the vertical line looks buggy anyway, so I’m sure that can be fixed.

OK, that’s odd. I’ve never seen (or heard) of that one before.

Does this always happen - every time you go into the guide? If not, are there any particular situations which cause it to happen, or any steps that you can take to force it to happen? Does it happen with any other skin, such as Estuary?

Could you also please check your debug log link - doesn’t work for me :slight_smile:

@sam_nazarko - the vertical line is indicating the current time, so giving an indication of how far through each program is. It’s meant to be there :wink:

Got you – it looked to me like a vertical divider that was not aligned correctly. I wonder if there’s a nicer way we can represent this.

PVR is down on my list to get a few minor fixes for the next skin update - I’m sure this can be looked at at the same time.

1 Like

hi!

Yes, each and every time if the selection is not at the bottom of the list. If i go downwards from the middle of the screen it does it all the time. You can see it on the video i posted above.

I’ve done my best with the limited information to reproduce this, but am unable to. I’ll happily look over a debug log if you can provide one (as I said, the last one you linked doesn’t work) but suspect it won’t show anything interesting. I’m also still interested to hear if this happens with any other skin, such as Estuary.

It may be, though, that we need to wait to see if anyone else reports this so we can try to find any common elements that may be causing this.