Trying to make fstab by nfs on Vero 4K work

Because I need a fast wireless connection between the Vero 4K and my NAS I read on this forum that I need to setup fstab by nfs. The reason why is that some 1080P DTS-HD MA movie files suffer stutter. I read a huge sum of topics and I spend two days just to make it work. I have reached the end of the line, and I really need help on this…

This is how my fstab-file looks like:

# rootfs is not mounted in fstab as we do it via initramfs. Uncomment for remount (slower boot)
#/dev/vero-nand/root / ext4 defaults,noatime 0 0

192.168.1.1:/path/ShareFolder\040Movies /mnt/ShareFolder\040Movies nfs x-systemd.automount,noauto,noatime,nofail,nolock,local_lock=all,nfsvers=3,soft,user,rw,iocharset=utf8,username=username,password=password,tcp 0 0

192.168.1.1:/path/ShareFolder\040Series /mnt/ShareFolder\040Series nfs x-systemd.automount,noauto,noatime,nofail,nolock,local_lock=all,nfsvers=3,soft,user,rw,iocharset=utf8,username=username,password=password,tcp 0 0

Sudo mount -av gives me the following output:
/mnt/ShareFolder\ Movies: ignored
/mnt/ShareFolder\ Series: ignored

It’s hard to tell since you didn’t use the format tags, but from the error it looks like you may have an extra \ in the line.

As a test, I tried this on my system:

davros.local:/nfs/SeaDevil/TV\040Shows /mnt/TV\040Shows nfs intr,rw,user,noauto,x-systemd.automount 0 0

and it works fine.

EDIT:
I do see the ignored when doing sudo mount -au. What happens if you just do:

sudo mount /mnt/ShareFolder\ Movies

The output I see is:
mount.nfs: an incorrect mount option was specified

I just noticed this in your fstab. nfs mounts don’t allow setting the user/password.

That worked!!! Thanks a lot…

What options can I use to get the best out of my Vero 4K?

davros.local:/nfs/SeaDevil/TV\040Shows /mnt/TV\040Shows nfs intr,rw,user,noauto,x-systemd.automount 0 0

rsize and wsize adjustment might help but should be good

What numbers should I use?

Leave as is for now. If things work don’t make any further changes

Sam

I’ve been using the basic fstab entries (like I posted) for several years with no problems. I don’t have any 4K sources to test, but just copying files I always get the bandwidth that I’d expect on a 100M network connection.

How can I clean up the empty folders that I’ve created in /mnt?

sudo rm -rf /mnt/Folder\ To\ Remove

Will remove a folder, and everything in it, so use it with caution.

If I want to delete the folder “ShareFolderMovies”, can I type

sudo rm -rf /mnt/ShareFolderMovies\ To\ Remove

This ^^^^^^^