TV Channel Crashes

I have a TVheadend server on a different raspberry pi, it has about 100 TV channels.

All of them but one plays nicely on OSMC, this one crashes immediately after tuning into it.

If I watch that channel from VLC or other app (PC and Mac as well) it plays nicely.

How can I track down the problem? Which logs would help?

I’m running the latest OSMC + Kodi 17.0 combo on a Raspberry PI 3b.

Thanks for the help.

This is shown in kodi.log:

12:24:46.335 T:1958454192 NOTICE: VideoPlayer: Opening: pvr://channels/tv/Minden csatorna/pvr.hts_495247780.pvr
12:24:46.336 T:1958454192 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
12:24:46.338 T:1410593776 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
12:24:46.505 T:1410593776 NOTICE: Creating Demuxer

Suggest first to enable debug logging. Other than that figure out which codec that the channel is using.

Sorry, I forgot to post the link for the uploaded logs: http://paste.osmc.io/rogumaqawa

It seems to use the very same codec as all other similar channels except for one thing: it has a Mono Audio channel.
Could that be the problem?

You need to enable debug logging otherwise not much to see.
Suggest to enable debug logging, reboot, play channel, upload logs via SSH

Sorry, I thought logging was enabled.
Here it is again: http://paste.osmc.io/uhejoqodeh
Gabor

I have a link to try the stream: http://-/t/tvheadend/stream/channel/a4e1841d2f8040302241e6e4300ce4d9?ticket=87E6E340872A4CBCE871F0AFAF406C5E70102FBC

Nothing that I can see in the log that would explain it. Maybe someone else can see something.

Thanks!

@gkovacsp the url you posted requests a password so I can’t test it.
Are you able to record from the problematic channel and cause the same crash? If so then a sample file would be useful.

A recorded file does not crash.

Please try osmc/osmc as a username/password for the above link.

Thanks!

Here is a link to an example recording: Dropbox - File Deleted

Which unfortunately does not crash.

Is it possible that the channel has too many streams in it (24)? There are many subtitle streams (16-18).

I’ve played around with TVHeadend and figured out, that the problem is indeed the large number of Subtitle tracks. If I filter some of them out on the server side, then Kodi will play it nicely.

It is not a problem when recording to a file, because TVHeadend detects that there is no more stream space available and trims some of the subtitle streams.

It will work for me, but I guess this should be fixed in the Kodi player.

Thanks!

How are you able to play this stream through kodi?
I’m not succeeding in specifying the username/password, either through adding to end of url (&username=kodi&password=kodi) or when adding an IPTV network to tvheadend.

In KODI I use TVHeadend’s PVR client for streaming.
The link I’ve given to you works from VLC

In case you have the PVR add-on installed I can share the TV server with you in a PM.

The crash is in the pvr.hts addon, so not caused by kodi or osmc.
I did some minimal debugging and created an issue here:

This isn’t code I know about, so that’s probably as far as I can go, but hopefully a pvr.hts maintainer will be able to do something with the info provided.

Thanks a lot!

Just noticed… If you are running a Pi3, are you aware that you are underclocking the CPU?

arm_freq=1000  
core_freq=500  
over_voltage=2  
sdram_freq=500

That’s a great catch, thanks!