Im trying to put a season of MASH on my OSMC server, but unfortunately i cant get it to pull metadata. when trying to use a naming server to tailor the filename to TVDB, but it tries to use asterixs, which you cant use in filenames. I have tried to use it without the symbols, but i cant get it to find the metadata no matter what I do. on the TVDB website i can find MASH, so i know it should be able to find it.
I remember having similar trouble with MASH, the movie. Ended up having to put dots “.” in the name (including one at the end) and then it worked: M.A.S.H. (1970). Maybe something similar would work for the TV series?
I had trouble with MASH too. I ended up making a folder called “MASH” and used tinyMediaManager to scrape the episodes. It works. I know I haven’t offered much new information, but I wanted to let you know, that it does work. Good luck.
followed what the TVDB forum had posted, still nada, I haven’t ever tried setting up TV series in OSMC, so i may be doing that incorrectly. I just need to create a folder, name it “M.A.S.H” and put the episodes inside right? format the episodes as: “M.A.S.H - 1x01 - MASH the Pilot” correct? Thanks so much for your help!
Forgot to mention that some of the episode titles can cause problems so remove special characters from them also like the CAV*E and some episodes start the title with a number which can cause the scraper to think it is a multi episode file. In cases like that I just renamed the episode title to replace the number with it spelled out as a word. Example s02e02.5.O’Clock.Charlie became s02e02.Five.O’Clock.Charlie
As ActionA already asked you have to explain what you mean with this. Did you add your series folder via Add Source to get it scrapped?
If yes then enable debugging, try to scrape and share your log files
To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. Please see http://osmc.tv/wiki/general/how-to-submit-a-useful-support-request/ for advice on how to help us.
Well, im sorry, I made a stupid mistake, and had my entire external hard drive mounted as a source instead of the “Movies” and “TV Shows” inside. I changed that and it works now. Thanks for all of your help, at least I learned a bit more about OSMC in the process!
No you don’t need it really you don’t even need to show name since that is read from the folder.
just the season and episode in either s01e01 or 1x01 format.
I like having them and use a program called filebot to bulk rename them. It can be configured to name them exactly like you like them. It gets the episode names from thetvdb and matches them up to the season and episode number.