Unable to stop Wake On Lan

Tl;dr
Unable to stop wake on lan. Only source listed is attached USB HDD

My NAS died, and I removed the source as my Vero 4K file directory, and placed a USB 3 drive with my media Movies/Music (my original setup). All appears to be working, EXCEPT now I am unable to clean my media. I am able to connect via LAN to add media and update file information (movies and music). Cleaning works with the “music” files, yet when attempting to “clean” movies, the vero 4K hangs, then freezes waiting for former lan address to wake. I am forced to unplug power to restart Vero 4K.
I am positive it is user error (PEBKAC), and trying to fix before the Family returns.
TIA

Hi. Did you follow this procedure? https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_removing_videos#Remove_Source

I’m unable to try it myself right now but part of the above removal process involves answering the question: Do you want to remove all items within this path from your library? which should have removed the relevant files from the database.

The only source that shows is the USB HDD which is attached. Updating/cleaning/adding files is working correctly when I attempt via “music” files, yet the only issue is "clean"ing the “movie” files that have been renamed to proper movie or removed from the drive.

Describing the current status isn’t really answering my question. You originally said:

but didn’t describe how you removed the source. If you had followed the procedure shown in the link, it should have asked whether you wanted to remove all items within the path from your library. Did you follow this procedure?

Yes, I did follow those directions to remove the source initially. My bad for not stating that first. I looked first at the Kodi site, since I was sure that this was not a Vero issue.
Now I’m puzzled as to why the music is working properly, but not the movies. Weird

So it looks like you asked to remove all the items but something’s became a bit borked.

We could try to fix the error but, TBH, the simplest solution if you’re not using a shared MySQL database is to delete the bad database and rescan. Kodi will re-create an empty database at start-up if it’s missing.

From the command line:

systemctl stop mediacenter
rm ~/.kodi/Database/MyVideos107.db
systemctl start mediacenter

Then, once you’ve set the new data source, populate the empty database via a rescan.

@dillthedog Thank You for the assistance!
Should I “safely remove” the usb HDD first, before ssh commands?

No, the USB drive can remain connected. The commands that @dillthedog is having you run will just stop kodi, remove the current video database and restart kodi.

I entered the commands with the following return:
osmc@osmc:~$ systemctl stop mediacenter
osmc@osmc:~$ rm ~/.kodi/Database/MyVideos107.db
rm: cannot remove ‘/home/osmc/.kodi/Database/MyVideos107.db’: No such file or directory
osmc@osmc:~$ systemctl start mediacenter

Now the blue light is on, yet now there is no picture/feed to display.
Is there a quick or “easy” way to reset the Vero 4K and I can just reenter my settings?

You can try renaming the Kodi folder and restarting. This will effectively clear all the settings and you can start from scratch

sudo systemctl stop mediacenter
sudo mv .kodi .kodi.old
sudo systemctl start mediacenter

gmc
I entered the your suggestion, and past ten minutes the Vero has had the red light on and I am stuck at:
Reached target Graphical Interface.
Starting Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes…
Started Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes.

Should I unplug the Vero to restart?

EDIT: The above command lines are seen on the Display/TV.

These are the commands seen at the terminal:
osmc@osmc:~$ sudo systemctl stop mediacenter
osmc@osmc:~$ sudo mv .kodi .kodi.old
osmc@osmc:~$ sudo systemctl start mediacenter

If you can SSH to the box, please run the command reboot. Although it’s sometimes unavoidable, pulling the power can lead to filesystem corruptions. I see in post #1 that you’ve already pulled the plug, so some of the follow-on problems might be a result of this.

It has been pointed out to me that the command to delete the MyVideos107.db file was incorrect and should have been rm ~/.kodi/userdata/Database/MyVideos107.db. However, since you moved .kodi to .kodi.old, this would have had the same effect.

‘reboot’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Any suggestions?

Where did you type that command? That’s not normally the shell error message.

SSH terminal into the vero

That is the error you normally get from a Windows command line, not a linux shell. This is a command not found error in linux:

sudo: reboot1: command not found

I have xshell (current) that I use from a Win 10 computer.
I agree that the response was unexpected.
My display is still showing:
Reached target Graphical Interface.
Starting Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes…
Started Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes.

The UTMP System Runlevel Changes are normally the last lines you will see before Kodi is started.

Try sshing into the Vero and start Kodi:

systemctl start mediacenter

That command has brought up the osmc main page on the display/tv, thank you.
Now I will attempt to setup correctly.
Thank You dillthedog bmillham gmc for your assistance.

New Issue:

I am able to access the hdd to add/delete files via a win 10 machine, yet I am unable to add source of attached usb HDD via vero.
I am unable to add source
Pop Up Banner: Couldn’t download information “Unable to connect to remote server”