Update circa Tuesday 21stMar2017 "OSMC update error"

Hi all,

I haven’t used my Pi (OSMC) since Tuesday so hadn’t noticed the problem, but mine had an issue updating ‘march update’.

Not sure why, but after failing the update (dialog shown in OSMC), i lost ability to control using Kore over WiFi. Curiously, Kodi system info shows an IP address, but i cannot connect with Kore, or access the pi over sftp.

So i grabbed a keyboard and a usb stick, grabbed Kodi.log off the pi and uploaded here:

One line seems to.stick out like a sore thumb:
“ERROR: DBus: Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files”

I’m nonexpert understanding the logs but to me this looks like it could be the issue?
Can anyone advise?

NOTE, when I force OSMC Program add-on to look for updates, I get “OSMC update error, Error installing, please report this on the OSMC forum”

Kind thanks.

Did you try sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && sudo reboot from SSH or console?

If you get no joy, please provide a proper set of logs.

The error message occurs on my (working) OSMC system, so it appears to be benign.

But you’re running on an incorrect version of Kodi, so follow ActionA’s instructions to update.

Just tried to SSH with Putty, all details correct but connection timed out.

Reseated all Ethernet cables in my lan, no change.

Eventually, powered off powerline hub and re-powered.

Seemed to sort everything.

Phew.

Thanks for the advice though guys, I can now enjoy my music over lan tonight! After work, I need it!

:smiley:

Cheers! Sorry for the false alarm.

This isn’t an error.