Update Kodi to RC 18.3 and now 4K films do not play

OSMC ask for me to update Kodi this morning so I did from Kodi Rc18.2, now when I select a 4K film it does not play, I get a blue screen, all was fine on previous version.

My setup will not play 2160p at 60hz as its a limitation of the chipset on my receiver however 2160 at 23.976hz is fine and all my material is this.

Can I roll back to previous version.

Regards

Mike

You could downgrade but it would be better to get this fixed.
Can you upload logs via My OSMC so we can see what is happening?

Thanks

Sam

I could do that for sure, quick instructions on how I do this pls.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Thanks for the instruction.

Funny when I enabled the debugging and played a 4K stream it worked, whoa!!! really not sure how this could be when I previously I had rebooted and it did not work.

Anyway 4K movies playing as well as before update so happy once more.

Thanks for the team on the swift response they provide.