Vero 4K+ and Optoma HD33 - display colours not correct

Hi

I have just received a new Vero 4K+ box and linked it up to an Optoma HD33 projector. Initially the display was almost unreadible with a pink tinge. On the advice of the supplier I forced RGB output via the display settings. This made it possible to navigate through the menus but the display still has occasional interference and the colours have a strong green / pink bias - white shows as pink for example. Other devices (XBox, Wetec Core etc.) display fine. I have tried different HDMI cables.

Are there any other settings I can try or does this sound like a hardware fault?

Kind regards,

Tom

Thanks for your message.

I think you contacted us about this via eBay. We’d like to get this solved for you promptly.

Please can you go to My OSMC -> Logs and upload a set of logs so we can learn more about your display.

We’ve had some issues with displays showing a pink screen in the past, particularly with Philips TVs from 2009 which misadvertise their input capabilities.

Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the reply - yes it’s the same point raised over ebay.

I’ve uploaded the logs: https://paste.osmc.tv/zekiwixeze

I should also be able to try another display tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Tom

Please update to the latest release of OSMC, using the manual option in MyOSMC.

Go to My OSMC -> Updates -> Manual Controls -> Check for Updates and update when prompted.

Done - the updates downloaded and seemed to have been applied successfully. However, the image is now worse - it’s like before applying the force RGB setting. I’ve used the shell to grab the logs: https://paste.osmc.tv/derepapeju as the text is illegible.

There seems to be an issue parsing the EDID of your display here. Will check.

This wasn’t a problem before. Did you upload the logs with the beamer off?

Sam

Sam - I have just got hold of a HDMI->DVI cable to test the Vero with my PC monitor. When I plugged it in initially the display worked fine. However it then deteriorated rapidly into a green fuzzy mess. I tried a couple of times and then realised that I could switch between perfect and fuzzy by moving the HDMI plug up-and-down slightly at the Vero end. This makes me think the HDMI port is the problem and the log issues may be reflecting a poor signal between the Vero and the display.

Kind regards,
Tom

OK – thanks for testing.

If you get in touch via support@osmc.tv we can swap this over for you.

Sam