Vero 4k + Blank Screen No Boot

During the night the Vero 4k+ dropped from the network.
Plugging in with power supply, red LED flickers, no signal out.
Plugging in with 500mA USB A-A, red LED flickers, I get the OSMC logo, the LEDs on network switch light up, go off, light up, go off, light up, the display goes blank and shows no signal.
I can see on network logs that it got an IP address, but is no longer pingable, and I cannot SSH into it.
Plugging in with power supply, red LED flickers, no signal out.
except one time when the red LED glowed dimly and there was high pitch whine like capacitor whine.
Any suggestions welcome!
PS tried two HDMI cables, 1 TV, 1 monitor and 1 AVR.
Thanks in advance

If the system has an IP it is online.
The quickest way to get up and running again would be to reinstall

Sam

Prepped USB using tool, 2020-06 version. Non-conductive stick in port next to hdmi.
USB reinstaller plugged in - Using PSU - Red LED flickers for about 30 seconds, then off. No signal on screen the whole time, not pingable.
USB reinstaller plugged in - Using USB A-A on 500mA supply - I get the reinstall advice, reinstalls OSMC, then no signal. Not pingable at any time on network (fixed IP by router).
Using USB A-A on 500mA supply - I get “Please stand by” followed by OSMC logo, then no signal, not pingable at any time.
Using PSU - No signal on screen the whole time, not pingable.

Plugging into 1080 screens, not 4k.
Used camera to capture text on screen in case any clues there - https://imgur.com/a/7fC2Id1

Do you have another 5V, 2A PSU to test with?

Do you have another display to test with?

Sam

Facepalm. Assumed I didn’t have one with a barrel, I just found a USB to barrel cable.

With another 5V 2A PSU the Vero 4k+ powers up correctly. Oh well, it was time for a wipe anyway due to the thermal issue I had when updating library.

Ordered July 25, 2018 (tho can’t remember arrival date). Is the PSU covered in a warranty?

Looks like cables / PSU aren’t too badly priced on Amazon, though suggestions on brand welcome.

The device would be out of warranty now, but we can send you a new one anyway if you send an email to support@osmc.tv.