Vero 4k+ BluRay ISO Problems

MakeMKV is free while in beta, and it’s been in beta for years. You can pay for it if you choose to, but it’s not currently required.

All you need is a Windows/Mac/Linux system with a Bluray drive.

All you need to do is remove and re-install when the current version expires (I think about every 90 days).

I paid for my copy as it’s such a useful tool to me.

A quick google gives you this: MakeMKV is free while in beta - www.makemkv.com

2 Likes

@sam_nazarko
This morning i tried to play the same mkv file from a usb drive connected to the Vero 4k+.
After several jumps (right key on the remote) during the playback i got micro-stutters when i started to play the film normal again (stop the jumps cause i got to the point of the film i want to start).

I would also have been very surprised, because I did not have the problems with the same file on my VU + Duo2 SAT receiver with installed KODI 16.x App and the network structure has not changed.

@fzinken
I converted an BD ISO to MKV with MakeMKV. It took some time but the result is ok.
I played the UHD MKV File from Kodi Library over the network (You remember I use two powerline adapter between Fritz box and NAS) and there where no problems.
Seems really to be a BD ISO Problem not a problem with my network.

Hope that KODI will come fast. Java Menue will be also supported with KODI 18?
Otherwise i have to connect a BD Drive to my Vero for the Menue Support. :frowning:

Many Thanks for answer.

I highly doubt java will be added just for BD menu support for kodi and I don’t think that hooking a Stand alone Blu-ray player to vero would work

Thanks a lot ! I had no clue :open_mouth:

@sam_nazarko

Did you read this?

This morning i tried to play the same mkv file from a usb drive connected to the Vero 4k+.
After several jumps (right key on the remote) during the playback i got micro-stutters when i started to play the film normal again (stop the jumps cause i got to the point of the film i want to start).

I would also have been very surprised, because I did not have the problems with the same file on my VU + Duo2 SAT receiver with installed KODI 16.x App and the network structure has not changed.

Yes — sounds related to chapter seeking issues another user had. This is resolved in Kodi v18

2 Likes