I’m experiencing an issue with my Vero 4k. When I’ve been watching a piece of media with it, I’m unable to shut my HT system down. I turn off the TV, the AV receiver shuts down too but then, after a few seconds, the 4k wakes up (LED turns blue if it was red), turns the TV and receiver back on and selects itself as the active input on the receiver.
I’ve done the following:
- Turned all the wake up and shutdown options to “none” in the CEC adaptor settings.
- Turned off just about every switch in CEC adaptor settings.
- Turned off “enable” in the CEC adaptor settings (it now shows as “disabled.”)
- Unplugged both the remote receiver dongle and my Logitech keyboard receiver dongle so there’s definitely no control inputs waking the 4k.
- Setting the the CEC adaptor option to put the 4k into standby when the TV is switched off.
None of these has stopped the behaviour.
I just tried turning my Sky satellite receiver on so that it captures the AVR’s interest then switching the TV off. If I do that, the system stays switched off. I do note that applying the setting to go into standby when the TV turns off still works (the 4k LED turns red) even though the CEC adaptor is set as disabled. I also note that the volume indicator on the Kodi menu shows a red speaker with an “X” and the OSMC remote still controls the AVR volume even though the CEC adaptor should be disabled. I therefore believe the “enable” option for the CEC isn’t deactivating it when the option is off.
My setup is:
- Panasonic TX50EX700B 4k TV
- Xbox One X plugged into TV HDMI1
- Onkyo TX-NR616 AVR plugged into TV HDMI2 (ARC)
- Sky HD receiver in Onkyo HDMI2
- Vero 4k in Onkyo HDMI3
(Yes I know the Onkyo isn’t 4k capable, that’s why the XBox is plugged directly into the TV, but all my media is 2k currently and I don’t have money to upgrade it to a 4k AVR at this time)
I would be grateful for any help you could offer in fixing this problem.