Vero 4k Device crashing

Hi Sam, hope you had good travels!

I’ve just connected the USB cable (the A-A cable) to two windows laptops (my personal laptop and work laptop) and to the vero.

It doesn’t appear to be recognised in either machines. I dd also hold my ear to the side of the device and there’s a buzzing noise, and the only thing I can say it’s similar to is the noise the electric fence makes in the Jurassic Park movie when Tim, Dr Grant and the girl (always forget her name) are climbing over and the power is going back on. I’m guessing that’s not a happy noise? I’m sad.

Anything else I can do to bring this little guy back to life?

Have you checked under Device Manager on your PC?

I’ve done a couple of hardware scans and searched through every device in device manager and nothing stands out. When I refresh after plugging in no further devices appear.

The cable would need to be in the white (OTG) port.
If it’s not showing up at all, then the device may have suffered some hardware failure. You can send it back to us to take a look at, but there’s no guarantee we could fix it after this time as we don’t manufacture the Vero 4K anymore.

Hi Sam, apologies I don’t think I was clear, it’s actually a Vero 4k+. Is that salvageable and possible to see if a repair is possible?

We can take a look at it – but if it’s out of warranty then there is no guarantee that it can be fixed.

Cheers

Sam