Vero 4k+ not waking up from standby

Hi all,

my Vero 4k+ started misbehaving yesterday. It does not wake up from standy anymore when I press buttons on the remote. I have do to a hard power cycle to get back into the GUI. There’s a debug log available here:
http://paste.osmc.tv/ohenojigas.vhdl

The Log is from tonight (about 22:50 on 2019-09-12) - I don’t know why the first several hunderd lines of the log are timestamped 2019-09-08 19:43…

At 22:50:51.827 standby mode is activated.
At 22:50:59.554 button presses of the remote are registered, but the device is not waking up.

Any help will be appreciated!
Roman

What remote are you using?

See

2019-09-12 22:50:51.827 T:4067880960 INFO: Toggle standby state is sleeping

Looks like it’s being double pressed, so is going back to sleep again.
You can also avoid this by not pressing the OK button to wake the device

Sam

I would disable the zatooHIQ add-on you have installed and see if the issue persists.

I’m using the OSMC RF Remote that was provided. I think I pressed ‘OK’ only once to activate standby, counted to ten and then tried to wake the device with using different buttons on the remote.

Thank you both for your input, I will try again tonight after work and report back. :slight_smile:

Roman

I could not reproduce the problem tonight. Everything worked fine and as expected.
So… ¯\(ツ)
Have a great weekend!

This also happened to me. Have mine go all black after 5mins and cannot wake it. I can hear sounds so it seems to be only the picture. Had to remove and insert the power to get it back to normal operations.

It has only happened twice with long time inbetween so I do not have logs, but thought I would chime in.

4k+ with auto updates so Im always on the latest version.

We are aware of the issue your describing but don’t know what is causing it yet. That issue is unrelated to the OP in this thread though. If power cycling is problematic you can use a remote control app on a phone/tablet, or the web UI from any web browser to tell your Vero to reboot.

It’s a bug in 18.3, so should be fixed in the next update

Where can I get more info on how to config an remote app for android to powercycle? I didnt know this existed - sweet.

It would help alot since booting a pc to shh and reboot the vero can be a little tiresome in some situations.

Just enable the Webserver via Settings on OSMC.
And install Yatse on your Android device

Omg it took 10secs to get it goin.

Thanks so much!

Is this bug the same as the issue that I am experiencing?
When I pause a movie that image goes darker after a couple of seconds. Same happens when I am in the home screen and don’t do anything for a while. It seems the device goes into a sort of standby mode. But when I resume watching or press a button the image remains dark.
When I switch skins the image immediately gets brighter again.
This problem occurred after having the Vero up and running for 48 hours. Since a reboot the issue went away.

That’s the automatic screensaver. I think it can be disabled in the settings.
Standby (or suspend?) is triggered via the menu where you can shutdown and reboot OSMC.

It sounds to me like it is from the description you provided.

This seems to happen more and more. Before it was very rare, I used Yatse to wake it 2 times in total since 15 september but now it happened 3 times this week and one of those were 2 times in a row because I wasnt fast enough to start a movie.

I have to suspend, and then suspend again in Yatse to see the picture.

Im using kodidefault skin estuary and the unit is on 24/7.

Do we know what causes this and why it doesnt wake the picture? You can hear the clicks and navigate in blind so its only like the suspend screensaver is stuck in front.

What I know is there was a Kodi bug where when the UI got refreshed while the screensaver was activated it could prevent the screensaver from deactivating. There was a patch to work around this and that seemed to fix the issue for most. I see this situation on my machines (RPi’s) on rare occasion as well but I have not been able to nail down anything useful to assist with a fix.

Does it matter what screensaver one uses or does it only happen with the black one?

There are reports with both dim and black (I use dim). I don’t know about others but I don’t believe the issue is with the screensavers themselves, but rather the mechanism that turns them on and off.