Vero 4K+/OSMC/Kodi not playing 90% of my ISO’s

Since a few day I own a Vero 4K+ but I’m experiencing trouble with playing ISO’s. I have a lot of (UHD) Blu Ray rips on my server which I can play without any difficulties on my Zidoo X9S.

Unfortunately the Zidoo cannot transcode DTS to Dolby Digital which is needed to play through my Sonos Arc.

The reason I ordered the Vero is the possibility to transcode the audio formats. But in one way or the other OSMC (Kodi) refuses to mount 95% of the ISO’s or BDMV-folders.

For a test I tried to do the same on my Mac but also there Kodi does not open the ISO’s. When I mount the iso on my Mac the movie plays without a problem with the installed latest Kodi version.

With the amount of ISO’s I’ve got it would be very, very much work to make MKV’s out of them.

I would be very happy if there would be a solution to play the ISO’s (what my Zidoo can do) with the Vero and keep it.

I already sent some logs to Sam hopefully the team finds a solution. I am thinking of returning the Vero where, on the other hand, I would like to keep it.

I believe we discussed this yesterday and I am waiting for you to send some logs.

There should be no issue playing ISOs, particularly as you’ve said that your ISOs are not encrypted.

Hi Sam,

I did send the logs this morning. Shall I write down the URL’s here?

You can do. Sorry - I haven’t had a chance to catch up on tickets today yet and didn’t see you’d uploaded the logs.

It’s best we keep things here then and I’ll close the ticket as your issue may benefit other users in the future

Sam

That was my idea also that other people maybe could benefit the matter :+1:

https://paste.osmc.tv/joqijuquqa

For a iso which is not playing and the following for a iso that plays without a problem

https://paste.osmc.tv/xifehusuhe

Can you please clarify how you’re trying to open the ISO?
Can you also let me know the filesize of the ISO?

Sam

Any reason you have configured your GUI to 720p?

The settings we recommend are as follows…

Settings>System>Display>Resolution> 1920x1080p
Settings>System>Display>Whitelist> (empty) *
Settings>Player>Videos>Adjust display refresh rate> On start/stop

Some televisions may also need, or benefit from, the following being set…

System>Display>Force 4:2:2 colour subsampling> (enable)

With the above settings your UI will be output in Full HD and your 4K content will be output in 4K.

This seems the part from the logs

2020-06-25 08:57:49.929 T:4067037184   DEBUG: CVideoGUIInfo::InitCurrentItem(/media/My Passport/The Da Vinci Code UHD.iso)
2020-06-25 08:57:49.931 T:3148587744   DEBUG: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
2020-06-25 08:57:49.935 T:3960648416   DEBUG: Loading settings for /media/My Passport/The Da Vinci Code UHD.iso
2020-06-25 08:57:49.951 T:3690255072    INFO:   msg: libdvdread:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
2020-06-25 08:57:49.952 T:3690255072    INFO:   msg: libdvdread:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
2020-06-25 08:57:49.952 T:3690255072   DEBUG: libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
2020-06-25 08:57:49.952 T:3690255072   DEBUG: libdvdnav: vm: failed to read VIDEO_TS.IFO
2020-06-25 08:57:49.953 T:3690255072   ERROR: Error opening image file or Error on dvdnav_open_stream
2020-06-25 08:57:49.953 T:3690255072   ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [/media/My Passport/The Da Vinci Code UHD.iso]

The file size is about 50GB and I try to open the file through video - files - my passport - name of the movie and then push the OK button.

For a lot of movies that does not work but the movie “Hook” works.

Looking at the way the software tries to open the iso it is very strange it is looking for a VIDEO-TS folder.
The iso clearly consists out of a BDMV-folder and CERTIFICATE

The reason for 720p was that I did changed it to the recommended settings. Changing the settings to the recommended ones did not do the trick unfortunately

Where were you recommended changing things to 720p?

Sam

Hi Sam,

It was just the standard setting out of the box after returning to original settings.

I changed it to the recommended setting but has no effect on playing the files.

What’s the smallest file that gives you a problem on your Mac and OSMC?

The reason I ask is we will likely be interested in a sample.

Sam

The smallest file I’ve got will be around 50GB so sending it over will be a bit difficult.

What I was wondering about is the remark from fzinken that the software is expecting a VIDEO_TS file which is typical for DVD’s which, by the way, play fine.

The problem must be lying somewhere in the fact that the software is not recognizing the correct file format (BDMV). Is there some specific flag which tells the software how to open the file?

BD ISOs should work fine - with the exception of BD-J menus, but even then, the feature itself should play.

Perhaps you could PM me a torrent magnet.

Hi Sam,

I sent you a link to my internet storage via PM

If you need some extra files I have about 1TB of storage free available

Hi - did you send this as a PM or in the ticket?

I replied to the e-mail conversation we had on Wednesday - support@osmc.tv

Thanks. I will check it tomorrow.

Sam

Hi Sam,

Any progress??