Vero 4K vs Mede8er 600x3d?

A quick question. I currently have a Mede8er which I bought because it was one of the few, reasonably priced streamers at the time that actually streamed Dolby TrueHD and DTS MA-HD.

How does the 4K compare to the Mede8er? Currently my media is stored on 9 USB HDDs but will eventually move back to a server, either over NFS shares or DLNA.

Any advice would be greatfully received :slight_smile:

The other device you mentioned seems to have been on the market for a while now.

The other device seems to have a limited amount of memory. It looks like it will play 1080p content but it’s output is HDMI 1.4 so not ideal for 4K (if it supports it at all)

The Vero 4K has more RAM, more storage and OSMC behind it. The other device looks a bit old, so I’m not sure if it’s still supported / getting updates. It will stream from NFS or DLNA without issue.

If you have any specific questions, I’m happy to answer them.

Sam

Hi Sam, thanks for the reply,

I use it for playing BR rips and the fact it does HD audio was the main reason for getting it. At the moment I’m not bothered about 4K. You’re right, it’s had no updates for a year now but it’s never really needed it.

I’ll try and find my box and upgrade :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi Paul

I believe the Vero 4K will be a good upgrade for you.

Cheers

Sam