Vero 4K+ with gigabit issue

Hi,

I think that my vero 4K+ is of the problematic ones regarding the gigabit speed.

I order it July 26 and received it September 18th.

Iperf3 tests are giving me speeds from 50 to 200 mbits most of the time.

If I reboot vero it might reach 500 mbits but after a while drops back to area of 100.

With the –R option I get a full speed of 950 mbits.

I have tested with different switches and cables (even cat7) – no difference.

With the same equipment, using a simple PC in place of vero, I get 950+ mbits.

My first vero 4K, not a 4K+, might reproduce high bandwidth movie better than the 4K+ using exactly the same cabling and switch!

What can be done?

Thanks

LED123

Which side gives you low performance, TX or RX?
You can contact support@osmc.tv to have it replaced if the problem is in the TX direction.

it’s the Tx direction, iperf client is the vero and iperf sever my NAS

OK – I would suggest you contact support@osmc.tv then

The thread I posted about slow speeds has been locked. I had about 500 on my 4k+ and it was suggested that my old OS might be the bottleneck. I bought a new nic for the server that helped a smidge but not much.

Today I finally upgraded the mediaserver to a moders OS and imediatly tested iperf3.

Server to vero4k+ via ethernetcables and a Meraki gigabit switch gives me about 950 both ways.

Basically i want to tell you you were right and I am very happy with this speed. I am a little sad to leave a familiar environment but it was foremost security reasons that made me do it and the extra speed is a nice bonus.

1 Like

Yes – we resolved any problematic devices and fixed the problem for future batches.

Glad to hear you’re getting better speeds after some changes.

Sam