Vero and ARC issues

The UBoot issue doesn’t affect us. We don’t invoke BL when we standby either. The issue you report is that users experience loss of ARC when their device is suspended. I don’t think that’s been reported here

Sam

I have as well problems with ARC my tv is Lg , vero 4k and samsung soundbar .When i use normal hdmi cable i need always when i open my tv pull out vero hdmi and wait few seconds when arc coming back.Put i find one hdmi cable which working well with vero and ARC but this is abnormal.

Have you tried putting all your sources into the TV and then output HDMI to the soundbar through the HDMI ARC source?

This way my all devices are connected because soundbar have only one HDMI in

Glad I found this thread. I have been switching between a few different devices and at times had my vero 4k powered off. All arc and hdmi-cec functions stopped working across many devices. I was blaming my Marantz AVP. I’m glad to know it’s the vero.

Reason for powering off was due to the vero constantly changing my avp to it’s input when I powered on my TV and avp even though i selected another input. It stops after a couple minutes but was annoying none the less.

I agree with the poster though. Never had another device cause this issue and it really doesn’t seem like it should operate this way. Poor design from an end user perspective.

I’ll fully unplug the hdmi cable anytime I want to power off.

Have you tried going to Settings->System->Input->Peripherals->CEC adaptor and turning off “Switch source to this device on startup” ?

This is one of the first things I do if I’m setting up or reinstalling an OSMC box… If you don’t need CEC support you could even try disabling CEC altogether using the first menu option.

1 Like

I haven’t. Thank you for pointing this out.

How often is that? Are you aware of the Suspend mode on the device?

Sam

It’s not often. Only when I’m trying to use another device for more than a week (so the wife knows which device we are currently using to watch TV / Movies).

I was testing another device that I think has a bit better video quality with 4k HDR material and thought it could be a new all-in-one box for TV too. Allowing me to run the native Android app for the TV portion instead of using a Kodi Add-on. But playback with TV isn’t nearly as good as the Vero due to the way that native Android app plays on that device.

I’ve heard about suspend mode, but for me I either wanted it on full time or off completely. So different than the OP.

Got you – thanks for explaining your use case in a bit more detail.

There’s been some work on this - you may find it’s improved for you - otherwise please let us know how the other device is ‘better’.