Vero crashing after 2020-march update

Hi there,

I have been experiencing some problems with my library updates lately. Today I was trying some fixes suggested in my other topic for that problem when I got the chance to get the march update. So I got it installed and it started updating my library. It seemed to get further that before so I thought either the update or the fixes I had tried got things rolling again.

But then suddenly it crashed, straight to the sad face. So I let it go again to see if it was a one time thing. But sadly it has been crashing for 3-4 times at least now.

So I turned the debug logging on and got some logs for you. Sadly they are exactly at the crash as the update started and I choose to get the logs to you instead of doing it all over again for shiny logs with a few less rows in.

Hope its ok for you, otherwise I’ll try and correct it in some new logs.

Logs: http://paste.osmc.tv/ahenoqowol

This is my old topic about the library updater: Library update stuck - Scans a few items then stops - #8 by Rickt1962

Best regards
Oscar H

Kodi is indeed crashing (segmentation faulting), whereas in the previous thread there are no segfaults shown in your logs.

I think the next step has to be to see if the problem persists with a fresh (default) Kodi configuration.

You’ll need to enter the following commands with an SSH connection.

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bak
systemctl start mediacenter

If needed you can restore:

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bk2
mv ~/kodi.bak ~/.kodi
systemctl start mediacenter

If your original setup was restored as expected and you want get rid of the unneeded clean install you can delete that with the following command.

rm -r ~/kodi.bk2

I would suggest that you re-add your data sources and apply the absolute minumum configuration so you can view and scan your video sources. Then see if the problem persists.

Oh ok, I do have a spare Vero 4K+ lying around that I still need to install some day. Could I do the testing with that one?

I’ll try to get working on it this weekend as I am kinda short on time tonight and tomorrow.
Just let me know if I should do it on the old device with your steps or just install the new one and get the latest patch.

What he posted just moves your user files to a new location so when you start Kodi again it is a completely fresh install. The idea being that if there is something in your configuration that has gone wrong this isolates it. If with new Kodi settings the problem persists then you can restore your old configuration (if desired) and then we can look for other possible causes for this behavior. If you have another Vero that is not setup yet then this would obviously not be needed on that machine.

Yeah I saw that now. I just glanced through the commands on the phone earlier and didn’t catch what they actually did. But I’ll try it this weekend then and see what I get. Then I’ll get back to this topic with an answer :slight_smile: