Vero not connecting to network properly

Op could try making an independent internet hot spot with his phone or try the vero at a different location to exclude vero config issues

1 Like

Hi Jim ā€“ tethering is indeed Disabled. K2u3 ā€“ Iā€™m going to have to leave that hotspot thing for another day, not a clue about it.

Hereā€™s a ā€˜before and afterā€™ of my router settings, maybe thereā€™s a clue for someone in there:

I (thankfully) no longer use ADSL but the PPP trigger mode of ā€œDial on demandā€ seems to be a bit iffy.

Is there a reason why itā€™s not set to ā€œAlways onā€?

1 Like

Check this, could be an router thing. Same things as here.

The thread is a good find. I see that TalkTalk also sent a Dlink DSL3782 as a replacement for the HG633, the DSL3782 being exactly the same model as dortmunder also hasā€¦

If dortmunder and largolady arenā€™t the same person, then thereā€™s clearly an issue with TalkTalk.

Hi,

What are the other options under NAT type for the router?

Thanks Tom.

Yes, I am largolady.

ā€œWhat are the other options under NAT type for the router?ā€ NAPT or Full-cone NAT or Disable.

ā€œIs there a reason why PPP trigger mode of ā€œDial on demandā€is not set to ā€œAlways onā€?ā€ I couldnā€™t say ā€“ this must be a default setting. Iā€™ll try changing it later.

Hi,

Sorry yes thats on the wrong tack, I just not seen standard nat as NAPT before.

Hopefully changing PPP Trigger to Always on as Dilthedog suggested, will help.

Tom.

had you had the change to check the option via @k2u3?

Cause you already had issues with another media player it seems to be in your network somehow.

So do you own an mobile phone with internet?

iphone = How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support
android = https://www.howtogeek.com/170302/the-htg-guide-to-tethering-your-android-phone/

go to my osmc menu

disconnect vero from wired lan
disconnect vero from current wireless lan

reboot vero

connect vero with wireless lan from mobile phone

yes it cost you mobile data, but itā€™s only needed to check if vero can reach out internet.

if not, maybe you can reach to neighbours wifi and use their connection to see if vero can reach internet, just to exclude vero from being ā€œwonkyā€

Is the new router already received from talk talk?

Hello mtv and thank you for those instructions. Yes, I got a new router (the DLINK DSL3782) but the problem was still there. I have a friend with a different ISP and so Iā€™m going to ask her if I can try my Vero in her house. I donā€™t know when that will be but Iā€™ll report back.

1 Like

Bad news, Iā€™m sorry to say. I took the Vero to my friendā€™s house as she has a different ISP but the behaviour of the Vero was exactly the same as with my network. I havenā€™t mentioned it before but Iā€™ve tried 3 different HDMI cables which rules out that area of enquiry.

All of which means, surely, that my Vero has some inherent problem. Iā€™m going to have to return it.

So many people here have done their best to assist me and Iā€™m truly grateful to you all. Thank you.

We will sort this out for you

Cheers

Sam