VERO+ SD CARD video playback problem

Good morning,
I want to play a 98GB 4k video on my SD card.
When I format my SD in NTFS, it accepts the 4K file but does not appear in Kodi
When I format my SD in ext, I can’t transfer my 4k file because Windows tells me my file is too heavy.
Thank you in advance for your help

Did you give the partition a label?

Do you mean exFAT?

Sorry… Yes.

I just formatted under Windows NTFS with the name “SD”

Then it should auto mount under /media/SD
If that is not the case provide logs.

I’m sorry, but I’m a french beginner…
How to provide logs ?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Are you putting the files on the SD card in Windows or over the network? If you did that over the network then the partition on your SD card is probably corrupted. If this is the case I would recommend installing MiniTool Partition Wizard and use that to delete the current partition and create a new one formatted as either NTFS or ext4 (If you choose ext4 it will not be usable in Windows but it will work in the Vero).

I reformatted my windows SD to NTFS and then to ext3 and I managed to copy a 4k file to it.
Thanks

1 Like