Watched episodes disappear

I have a RPi which has been running OSMC for a couple of years at least and I haven’t changed it recently. It is on November 2020 release and says there are no updates available.

I’ve been re-watching Fawlty Towers over the last month and it’s been fine. Then suddenly just over a week ago when I had finished an episode all the previously watched episodes vanished. As I watched the last couple of episodes they disappeared one by one until there is not even an entry for the programme. The files are all still present on the Emby server and can be watched from other devices.

I then started watching some of the ‘Good Omens’ specials and they too disappeared after being watched so it’s not something peculiar to a single programme or series.

I’ve tried rebooting, checked again for updates, reset the database and re-synced but nothing has made any difference.

Any suggestions, please? Is it just time to format the SD Card and re-install OSMC?

Thanks,

John

This sounds like potential SD card corruption.

It sounds like you have selected the ‘hide watched’ option in the menu. This option hides all the watched items in your library.

1 Like

Pascal,

No, I haven’t. I’ve checked several times. Also how/why would it just turn itself on?

Thanks,

John

That was my suspicion but I thought I would check there wasn’t another explanation. I’ll format and re-install.

Thanks,

John

Sam,

Yep, format & re-install fixed it.

Thanks,

John

1 Like

Hi,

If the issue occurs again, I suggest replacing the SD card.

FYI, there is a ‘Solution’ tick box, rather than retitling a topic.

Thanks Tom.