Where is my Vero 4K+?

Hello,

I don’t want to seem impatient, but I ordered a Vero 4K+ on 2nd October. Since the following day, it’s on “Order Packaged”. When will it be shipped ? According to the website, I had understood that a delivery could be expected within the 3-5 following working days. Unfortunately, I have no news, no tracking number.

The order is #33854.

Regards,

Hemie143

Hi,

This will go out for you today and you will receive a tracking number by email.

We received a large number of orders over the last few days which resulted in some delays. To make matters worse, we didn’t get a couple of collections from Royal Mail.

As soon as your order is scanned in the depot (later today), you should receive tracking details

Cheers

Sam

Thanks for the reply, Sam.
It’s not that I want to receive it today, but I just wanted an update.

Cheers,

Hemie143

Understood. You should now have received tracking details.

Sam

Hello Sam,

I’m sorry to say that at this time, I still don’t see any tracking details.

Cheers,

Hemie143

I can see that a tracking email was sent to your GMail account yesterday at 3.39PM yesterday. For your reference, I have re-sent these details via PM.

Hello Sam,

Thanks for forwarding me the tracking number. I found the mail back. However, I was surprised not to find the tracking info on the order page (under my account).
This evening, I just got a bad surprise. I have to pay for customs tax. The store website mentions that customers from EU or USA will usually not have to pay import duties or tax. What does this mean ?

Cheers,

Hemie143

The email you received will have contained the tracking information as well as a direct link to the tracking page.

Customs information is outlined clearly on the website. The exact amounts will depend on your countries import policies. Goods at the time of writing (13/10/21) are sent DDU. This is subject to change in the near future as we adapt to new DDP (taxes paid in advance) schemes.

Sam