Why does every update cause a sad face re-boot?

Since acquiring a Vero 4K early this year, I have done a few clean installs, I have installed official updates, and every time (and I mean every time), after the update appears to complete and I come back to the Kodi home screen, there is then a spontaneous sad face reboot. I also found this when installing OSMC on a Pi recently.

Once the sad face reboot is completed, thereafter everything is fine. It’s a bit unsettling, would be nice to have some pointers as to what can be done to fix this. This behaviour happens consistently with the official releases.

This is caused by the Skin Shortcuts add-on. It’s a known issue but completely harmless.

We need to wait for a new version of My OSMC to fix it

Thanks for the comment. While on the subject of glitches, I always find when implementing a clean install that switching the OSMC skin to Estuary via the set-up wizard never survives the first reboot. That’s happened to me with the Vero out of the box, with subsequent clean installs on the Vero, and also a clean install on a Pi. Again, not a big deal, as going back and changing the skin again does stick thereafter, but would be nice to fix.

I’ll see if I can reproduce this.

If you exit Kodi instead of rebooting, does it persist?

Hi Sam, I brought the the Vero 4k just a month aho fand had the same experience with the sad face and some other minor issues. Here are my First questions. Where do I find the update Logs with some explanations why the face is sad. I would like to find some first steps Intro the device useful too. My last steps with Linux are back many years.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.