Wifi (dongle) crashed while video streaming

Hey,

I use two Raspi3 in my home for entertainment. One is located in the living room, connected through ethernet, the other is in the bedroom connected via wifi (Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8192CU 802.11n WLAN Adapter)
The main system is the one in the living room, which is connected to a hard drive with my videos on it.

When I now try to watch a video in my bedroom, from the harddisk in my living room, the wifi of the Raspi in the bedroom crashes after a few minutes into the video. I then have to wait like 1-2 minutes for the wifi to come up again, and then I can continue to watch for a couple of minutes before it crashes again.

Power Managment is off.

This is the output of iwconfig.

wlan0     IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:"thisismywifi"  Nickname:"<WIFI@REALTEK>"
      Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.422 GHz  Access Point: 9C:C7:A6:F7:90:74
      Bit Rate:300 Mb/s   Sensitivity:0/0
      Retry:off   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
      Power Management:off
      Link Quality=100/100  Signal level=76/100  Noise level=0/100
      Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
      Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0

Any idea on how to get a stable wifi?
What logs will help you finding the bug?

My first guess would be power problems. Make sure your power supply (NOT a phone changer) is up to spec.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

Hey,
thanks for your reply.
I’m using the standard power supply that came with the raspberry pi: 5V and 2A

I’ve uploaded the logs here:
http://paste.osmc.tv/ikuquxutah

Playing of the video (stream from the living room) starts at: 21:29:30.887 T:1925462528
The crash of the wifi happens at: 21:33:53.668 T:1551889152

so the video was running about 4:30min.
I was unable to read anything in the logs regarding the wifi.
Maybe you find something that indicates what happened.

Thanks and all the best

Specs for a Pi3 call for a 2.5A supply. I’d suggest trying a different supply.

Ok I will try a 2.5A supply and get back to you.
Thanks

I bought a 3A 5V power supply and I also tested a different wifi dongle, but it still keeps crashing.
Any further ideas?

A bit more detail would be useful, plus logs.