Wifi passphrase error

Hard to be certain, but I think this is a bug that we’ve already fixed some time ago in the development version of the addon, so it should be fixed with the next release.

Any particular reason why you chose these settings ? None of them are relevant to the problem you’re seeing, and seem to be a bit random.

Reversing preferredtechnologies to wifi before ethernet will only have an effect if you have both ethernet and wifi connected at once. If you don’t have ethernet connected it will have no effect.

(Connman is also not designed to auto connect two interfaces at once by the way - you can manually connect a second interface but it will never auto connect two)

AllowHostnameUpdates should not be set to true, there is a good reason why we set it to false…

If the correct passphrase is stored in connmans settings files that suggests the connection problem is something else like a wifi driver issue or wifi signal issue.

Are you running the most recent updates which have updated wireless drivers ?

Hi @DBMandrake,

Was just messing about with the connman settings more than anything to be honest when they went down, as it was driving me mad - my router isn’t close to either device for wired connection. I enabled the HostNamesUpdate because i’d enabled several guest SID’s when it lost all connection to the main access point. Upon reading the connman conf again, i see why it’s false lol.

The exact same behaviour exhibited in both my Vero and Raspberry Pi (model b) running RC2 straight off the installer as of Saturday. The pi running an EdiMax dongle and and linksys dongle - both with the same issues. The vero (naturally) running the onboard adapter it shipped with

Strange thing is both had the same issue upon install - when you manually conf’d access settings for wifi via the installer, when the devices booted and came to the networking screen it wouldn’t let you do anything except say i’ll define it later (even when they’d been predefined) - when i went to connect, i had to re-key the passphrases on both devices…they worked for a day, then stopped. Once i deleted the cache folder on both devices and started them again, they automatically connected to the APs without any further interaction, which i thought was far from coincidental?