Wireless Option not appearing on OSMC Software

I plugged in my new wireless Adapter i just bought into the Pi Zero off a USB Hub and went to the network options. Its just showed Wired and MySQL no wireless option. HELP!! I am a noob at this stuff and don’t know what to do.

1 Like

yes
multiple times

Had to make sure :wink:

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information, including logs from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us help you.

ok lol umm im not sure how to submit a log tho cuz my raspberry pi zero can’t connect to the internet cuz of this bug thing or whatever it is

btw forgot to say thanks so much for helping me:sweat_smile ik I’m rlly bad at this:sweat_smile:sweat_smile:

ok i think i figured it out… i may or may not have submitted it in the OSMC paste bin (all i know is i hit save cuz there wasn’t any submit button) if I’m even supposed to do that

Once you hit save, you must provide us with the URL so we know where to go

http://paste.osmc.io/ahunuyecoz.vhdl ok here is the link thanks

Dec 31 19:00:05 ZeroTV kernel: usb 1-1.3: new high-speed USB device number 5 using dwc_otg
Dec 31 19:00:05 ZeroTV kernel: usb 1-1.3: New USB device found, idVendor=2357, idProduct=0105
Dec 31 19:00:05 ZeroTV kernel: usb 1-1.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
Dec 31 19:00:05 ZeroTV kernel: usb 1-1.3: Product: WiFi
Dec 31 19:00:05 ZeroTV kernel: usb 1-1.3: Manufacturer: MediaTek
Dec 31 19:00:05 ZeroTV kernel: usb 1-1.3: SerialNumber: 1.0

Your USB wifi adaptor is detected, but there is no driver in OSMC to support this adaptor as no driver is loading. What is the exact make and model of the adaptor ?

Hi sorry I took so long to respond as I was away on vacation. Anyways I believe I have a TP link Ac 450 wireless nano usb adapter model no. Archer T1U

I have the same wifi dongle.There are official linux drivers from TP-link and I saw on another thread that you planning to add support in the kernel for it. Any idea when will that happen?

Hi there, I recently purchased a WIFI dongle and after following some instructions to get it going, it appears that it may not yet be supported.

Product details:
TP-LINK Archer T1U

This is the info from dmesg:
: New USB device found, idVendor=2357, idProduct=0105
[ 455.704419] usb 1-1.4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 455.704437] usb 1-1.4: Product: WiFi
[ 455.704453] usb 1-1.4: Manufacturer: MediaTek
[ 455.704468] usb 1-1.4: SerialNumber: 1.0

If I’ve missed any details, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

I moved your post here as this thread is about the same device.
As far as I can see there is no kernel driver available for this device. If you can find a proper kernel driver for this device it could be added to OSMC.

Hi

Unfortunately I can’t add support for this device to OSMC as there’s no Linux driver released by the vendor. If you’d like a good, capable wireless dongle, then you should see our Store. We offer long term support for products sold in our Store.

Cheers

Sam