X.264 file play failure

Vero 4K (not a +).

Been having some issues playing some basic h.264 files. Hoping someone can spot something in the linked MediaInfo or debug logs.

In this case the file played fine up until an hour or so, then stuttered once and system gave the sad face. After rebooting I restarted playing (after seeking to roughly where it failed) and it was fine for maybe five minutes then failed with sad face. Found my place in the file again then stopped it, enabled debug logging and resumed playback until it failed again.

MediaInfo

Kodi Log

Cheers,
Robert

Please upload a full log via My OSMC.

Thanks

Sorry, yeah…

Osmc log

Cheers,
Robert

The video file appears to be corrupted

Corrupted in what way? It plays fine on a desktop pc, and with an old NanoPC which PXE boots LibreELEC.

I’ve noted several files, all X.264, that fail in the same way on the Vero which also play fine elsewhere. Not sure when this started, but have been noticing it for at least a couple months.

Cheers,
Robert

As I don’t have the file it’s hard to tell, but the hardware decoder doesn’t like it. You may have some luck playing it by changing acceleration to HD and up. There do seem to be some issues with the file itself however.

Try an x264 version of Big Buck Bunny, such as https://download.blender.org/peach/bigbuckbunny_movies/big_buck_bunny_1080p_h264.mov; to rule out local problems.

Sam

Ok, will do Sam…

Cheers,
Robert