Any news on the Crystal card

Pick a Jarvis release.

Sam

is it possible to run Kodi Jarvis on current version of OSMC?

No – just grab an old image from Download - OSMC.

@olepir guessing reading not your strong part but let me make it pretty clear that ATV1 is DEAD is not matter of being cruel its just a matter of it being old so best advice is to move on and ditch that 10+ year old hardware… again not being cruel.

Sorry, English is not my native language and some technicalities for me is hard to understand.
I don’t need much — Transmission and a smooth playback, also will it use for HomeBridge. Is not just yet for ditching it.

Good luck. 256mb of RAM is not much to play with these days.

But it still works on acceptable level.
Without video playback AppleTV still can be used for a home automation, music playback (AppleTV have a great audio capabilities), media server and torrent downloads.

yeah but with a platform that stagnated your quickly exposing yourself to more serious problems with having it even in the same lan… if its obsolete then get rid of it.

@Toast what kind of problems?

Sure you’re, at least in theory, exposing yourself to attacks. But, if one were to disable Kodi and keep the rest of the system updated, one could still use the ATV as a general purpose, relatively, low power machine.

There are a lot of services that can easily be provided by a box like the ATV. Cherrymusic, Calibre, and SOOO many other services take hardly any resources. An ATV with either a large internal HD or a USB HD can easily provide said services.

And, yes, one could replace OSMC with a general purpose OS, but since OSMC is, basically, Debian+, it’s a easy way to get started in a few minutes.

1 Like