Automatic master user login during boot

Hi all,
can you force osmc to login into master user during boot process?
Every time after bootup up I get master user screen, which is annoying since i dont have a keyboard connected and I cant pass that screen.
tia!

Do you actually use multiple accounts ? If not delete the extra ones.

sorry quite a newbie at this. Can you pls elaborate how? thx!

Well you must have added an extra profile - because by default there is only the master profile.

So if you don’t mean to have multiple profiles go back into profiles and delete all but the master profile.

There are no other proflies excpet master user. However, im left wtih message "master user – Last login date"during bootup. I odnt want to have keyboard connectefd all the time since i have to press enter key aftet that screen and non of the kodi remote control app doesnt seem to work at this stage

I’m facing the same problem here. I have not created any new profiles, but I cannot get rid of the “Master User” message in the beginning. Please let me know if I can provide some data or log that might help you.

Hello, i’m facing also the same issue. I would like to remove this master user confirmation. Indeed i’m using mostly the remote control webapp on my smartphone which is not allowed until i acknoledge the master user.
Please advise.

OSMC freezes sometimes/Master User

After digging a little bit in the menus Settings -> Profiles, i found that there is an auto login option. By selecting login screen it appears enlighted and after reboot the master user login disappeared. Hope it will help someone.

1 Like

Just started seeing this and decided to jump on the forums. I LOVE the OSMC community. 30 seconds later, i found this post and solved my issue. Thanks @stefan_cervo!

Cheers and Merry Christmas everyone!

Is there any way to remove this master user via ssh. I do not have a keyboard at all and I accidentally turned this on in the profile screen. Now access via the iOS app is locked out till I sign in.

Have you tried to connect to the webinterface of Kodi to correct that?
Also now when you are in ssh there is a “remote” available on the command line. See here

Got into web interface and have profiles, remote, movies etc. Going into profiles doesn’t load anything, I just get s blank screen.

Could the profile.xml be edited somehow to resolve this?

Just ssh into the box and edit it .kodi/userdata/

Details regarding how to access the command line interface can be found here on our Wiki: https://osmc.tv/wiki/general/accessing-the-command-line/

I would suspect it to be within .kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml

Tried editing the profile.xml no change

Had a look through guisettings.xml but it’s long and I don’t know what I’m changing.

Could I copy in a complete default guisettings file? Would anyone mind pasting there file here for me? Should be ok if everything is set to default?

I may just lift a keyboard from work today and just do it the easy way :slight_smile:

Just

sudo systemctl stop mediacenter
mv .kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml .kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml.backup
sudo systemctl start mediacenter

Ahh nice, I’ll give that a go thanks!