Bluetooth problems

Hi Sam. that explains a lot! I had no idea BT was included in the Vero 4k. I’ve got the return address from your sales team so I’ll pop the dongle in the post tomorrow.

Great – I sent you the return address via email yesterday.

Sam

Thanks, got the email. I just wanted to let you know that I tried the built-in Bluetooth earlier and it exhibited exactly the same symptoms. Very choppy, gappy audio playback; better (not perfect) with wireless disabled. So I guess we’re no further along. Will return the dongle and keep any eye on developments.

Are you using WiFi? Is it connected to 2.4Ghz? This
could cause some issues.

Yep. WiFi and 2.4GHz. I’ve seen from other posts on this subject that this configuration may be causing problems. No plans to change router to 5GHz yet. Also I would happily hard-wire the Vero if it meant perfect playback but even with WiFi disabled I get little clicks every 1/2 second.

Well Wifi is tricky, strongly recommend that you check how good the signal is where you placed you Vero to do that an app called wifi analyzer is good for that purpose should be available for both android and apple.

Next up is fiddling with Wifi channels and iperf to see which channel to that you get the best throughput on lan

that will improve playback over wifi. It all comes back to what kinda router you got to begin with and how good of throughput it has that determines quality most people think that they get good speeds no matter what router they have…

I think his issue is with Bluetooth playback rather than the quality of the WiFi connection

im pretty sure of that too still valid information about wifi it always a best effort cause guaranteeing good wifi speeds is impossible. there is only best effort…