Brand new OSMC on RPi3B+ - no samba server

I managed to find out change to the list view, but it is a bit different since my only interface to the GUI is a USB attached Keyboard/Mousepad…
Turns out that the Enter key serves as a “click”. Now working better, thanks for the description!

So now I would like to do the following:

• Set each root subdirectory of the MEDIA drive as a video library, I can do this manually in Kodi.
  • Remove MEDIA as a source when navigating to Videos/Files. I don’t know how this can be done…
  • Also remove the “Auto-mounted drives” entry since it is always empty; I never attach any USB or other drive to the RPi3. The only one attached is the permanent MEDIA drive and it is managed via /etc/fstab. Can this be removed from view in Kodi?

A different issue concerning the scanning of the files:
On my old OSMC I also have a lot of home movies, some taken with a Sony Video-8 camera in the 1990-es and some scanned Super-8 movies. These files (mp4 format after conversions) are showing up with some totally strange selections inside Kodi. The files are named yyyy-seqno.mp4, like so:
1991-1.mp4
1991-2.mp4
etc
But they show up under Movies as some kind of Hollywood movie in the Kodi list, like:
Accused
Slow Motion
Tamanna 1998
etc
I.e. complete rubbish! These are vacation movies showing mostly our kids and filmed with a Sony camera when they were small.
Where in heavens name did Kodi deduce such strange titles?
And how can I get rid of this completely?
It did not help setting the view to list, the graphics disappeared but the titles are still totally wrong.

It appeared with the OSMC update I did recently when the Amber skin disappeared…

These files will also be copied into the new drive on the new OSMC…

You need to have your home movies in a separate location from your other movies or else you will have this issue. If you have personal movies in a location that you have kodi set to look for online matches it is going to try to find a match. So your options for this is to either have a seperate location where you store this content and NOT have kodi scrape them (which means that to watch them you would have to browse through the video section instead of the movie library) or you could manually create your own NFO files with the information you want shown for every single home movie so they will show up in your movie library with the rest of your content.

As for navigation you will find that most skins are designed for use with a remote control and as such the function for mouse and keyboard is less than optimal. I would suggest trying other skins if you choose to stick with that setup.

3 Likes