Can't access NAS from Rpi2

Hi, I tried with single line of “client lanman auth = yes” and it didn’t work.

Regards.

Appreciate all your testing, while this is strange as it is different to other test results we have seen. Tow questions:

1. Have you set the client max protocol to SMB1 via the GUI
  2. What Brand/Typ is your NAS

Hi, I have set the client max protocol to SMB3 via the GUI. In this case I have a HD connected to an ASUS Router.

Regards.

Hi!
Has this issue been resolved?
I’ve kept an eye on this thread as I have the same issues: External hdd attached to Asus Router, Pi3 attached to said Router, no access since the update. What is the final outcome of testing? I have no idea how to perform the above mentioned Tests in prefs. Changing the setting over GUI doesnt Do anything.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Have you tried setting the smb protocal to smb3, via the kodi gui and adding:

client lanman auth = yes
lanman auth = yes
client use spnego = no
client ntlmv2 auth = no

to user.conf?

Thanks Tom.

Let’s get him to try staging instead, as this will be merged soon.

Hi

Hopefully the issue is now addressed

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv jessie-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

Where do I find the user.conf? Sorry just an out of the box user.

/home/osmc/.kodi/.smb/

But maybe as written by @sam_nazarko above try instead the solution from staging repo

1 Like

Im sorry but I Need a dummy explanation. Login in Over command Line is not a problem but how Do i Edit the/a File? Thats where im stuck at the Moment. :frowning:

Use the staging method that Sam explained in this post that explains step by step what to do

How do I edit the file as requested by Sam? If I just type /etc/apt/sources.list I get permission denied.

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
You end nano with Ctrl-x and then Y to save.

Remember to remove the line after all updates done.

Ok so far - how about saving? If I just hit enter after the Y I get an error, if I enter one of the shown options (M-D, M-M, M-A etc) and enter it asks Save file under different name.

Ok I just tried saving under a different name and I get the same error as if I don’t change the name: error writing etc/apt/sources.list: no such file or directory.

EVERY character is important! You are missing the / before etc. There is no need to to change any name.

Thanks for that. Just updating now…

Keep us posted.

Do I need to adjust anything in the GUI or should the update have adjusted everything?
Can’t access the disk. Won’t accept my password, which works over windows logon.

Update: I’ve tried all 4 options of samba settings offered over the GUI. No luck. :frowning:

Ok so I deleted yesterdays changes in sources.list, rebooted, added the lines in user.conf, set smb3 over gui and I still can’t access my harddrive. Any more ideas?

I have the HD attached via USB to the Asus router, the Pi is attached to the router via LAN. The setup worked fine before the update.