CEC Adapter behaviour

Yes. I would like the Vero to only switch on when I want to use it. Not when I switch the TV off or select the Vero on my amplifier. Just when I press a button on the Vero remote or app. I would still like to use the other CEC features though.

Selecting the Vero on the AV will cause a wakeup, but that is by design.

That’s a shame. My AV selector is a single button so I have to keep hitting it to find the right input, if it gets to the Vero input it’ll switch it on and I have to wait for it to communicate with the amp before I can move on.

How about the TV off switching the amp on?

Neither of these things switch my Blu-ray player on. . .

Perhaps we can add a delay to the wake-up.

If you wanted to put some money and effort into that many TV’s and AVR’s actually have ir mappings for each input even when their original remotes don’t. Universal remotes will sometimes give you access to these ‘hidden’ commands. I have done this lots of times with harmony remotes since it is a lot faster and more reliable than cycling through the inputs. It is basically a matter of just trying different codes from the same manufacturer of your equipment until you find a profile with the extra commands. A long time ago when the king sized remote ruled the land these buttons were not uncommon. Frequently with new equipment everything is still there using the same commands… except the buttons on the new remotes are missing.

I already have a universal remote but have used up all the buttons! It would be a shame to have to buy another new remote just because the one programmable device works in an odd way unlike any of the standard devices.

That sounds good if it misses the command but wouldn’t it just take longer to do the same thing?

Once you hit your input selector button does it allow you to use the direction keys to navigate the inputs in the opposite direction or a number key for direct selection of the input?

Unfortunately not. Even if it did I would never remember the order of all the inputs!