Configuring fstab based NFS share mounts

Not really. It is actually quite simple:

1. I want 1 device running Flexget, Transmission, SyncThing, Spotify-Connect, Kodi.
  2. Flexget and Transmission should run via OpenVPN. Others should not since that will lead to playback issues for my legal local stream add-ons and performance issues with stuff like SyncThing.

None of the solutions provided in this topic have worked successfully yet to run specific apps via VPN. That’s why I use 2 devices for now:

In December I bought a Vero 4K. I now use my RPi3 purely for Flexget+Transmission, running OpenVPN.
My Vero 4K is my main playback device. I also use UPNP Library to share my library on the Vero 4K to RPi2’s in other rooms. Therefore, the USB NTFS drive is connected to the Vero 4K.

To give the RPi3 “download box” speedy access to the Usbdrive, since that’s my only storage, I use NFS.

Furthermore, I have Windows laptops for private use or for business and Android phones. Each one should be able to access the USB drive. It contains my photo backup and some documents. So Samba is active on the Vero.

Everything works smoothly. I just have to manually start NFS-server (I could probably add it to MyOSMC) if I ever reboot the Vero.