Confusion over VPN client setup

Give these a look.

Here is a cheatsheet and some tutorials for how to navigate in a Linux shell: Cheatsheets and Tutorials for users new to Linux based operating systems

1 Like

Thank you all very much, my openvpn seem to be working now and ipecho.net request returns an IP different from my home address, assume this is the final confirmation.

Neurosisioneā€™s guide is great, perhaps adding a note about PIAā€™s use of spaces in config file names would save others pestering the pros.

I will most definitely review the cheat sheets, and for sure before I start another thread :wink:

Meanwhile, should you have any questions about construction or construction law, feel free to PM me, happy to share my knowledge

1 Like

One more thing, I assume I should turn Kodiā€™s proxy setting off now?
No point of having openvpn and proxy set at the same time?

1 Like

Yes, now all your traffic is going through the VPN thereā€™s no need for the proxy.

Now we just gotta find somebody to write a plug-in that checks the IP address to the VPN service and perhaps have a little green light in the corner next to the time knowing that you are safe. lol
Iā€™m ok at admin stuff but not coding lol

added a note thanks :slight_smile:

HI There, I had a look at your tutorialā€¦ and it is one of the best instruction set I have seen for working with Linux Thank you (I am a novice). I have been trying to get Purevpn to work on my Rasberry PI 2 OSMCā€¦ and have been spending hours without success. I have tried with PPTP and OPENVPN, following instructions from their support. Do you think your instructions will work on a PI 2 using PIA?
Cheers

1 Like

bspark
If youā€™re referring to the tutorial I wrote I wouldnā€™t see why not.

@Tom_Doyle ā€œsudo cpā€ ā€¦ is it repeated twice above, on purpose ?

no its a typo, iā€™ll edit the post

1 Like