Congratulations on the recent update to 4.9 / 19.1. I’ve updated 2 x 4K+ without a hitch.
My HDR files appear unusually dark (Non HDR are perfect), especially in sections of the screen where brightness is low. This characteristic existed prior to recent update, however I didn’t really investigate bc i thought it might be resolved by the updated video stack etc.
Here is my config / observations
- My 4K+ is set to 1920x1080p @ 60Hz
- TV Model is Samsung QA55Q6FNA (running latest software) which supports HDR and has a setting for HDR+ Mode (HDR+ selection really dims UI so i turn it off).
- ISS_4K_HDR10plus_ff.mp4 - too dark in low areas of brightness
- jellyfish-250-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv - hard to tell as background is totally black
- TV does offer HDR options when playing files which aren’t offered with non-HDR files.
here is output of: cat /sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap