[Deprecated] [TESTING] Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP)

Sorry yeah I should have said addons rather than plugins

The player launches for me and I am able to pair, but no artist info is displayed. I can provide a log if needed! Gotta say this is amazing work so far! I use osmc for my RPI touchscreen in my car and I can’t tell you how long I’ve been waiting for something like this!!!

Would you be able to provide debug log please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC

What is displayed where you would expect the track and artist info (in full screen view) ?

It displays a blue/black screen and it says track/2

What device are you streaming from?

Oh sorry! I am using a raspberry pi 3 and I’m streaming from my phone. (Samsung Galaxy S5)

Are you using the internal Bluetooth adapter on the Pi 3?

Can you disable it and try using an external adapter?

I have an external adapter. Is the best way to disable it to modify the blacklist.conf?

I’ve been trying to pair two devices (Jabra Sport Pace Wireless & Sony MDR-10RBT) for a few days, without success so far:
I have tried using pair with & without PIN. It either fails to pair, or systematically fails to connect once paired.
I have tried with the RPi3 internal chipset, and with the official OSMC BT dongle after adding dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt in config.txt and rebooting.

Any idea ? Thanks and happy new year!

I disabled Bluetooth by running sudo systemctl disable brcm43xx.service and adding dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt in config.txt. The audio still goes through the pi but now the fullscreen visualizer no longer appears. I’m using an external Bluetooth adapter (IO Gear bluetooth 4.0 Model GBU521)

Update: It seems to perfer to be connected (via bluetooth) through the pi rather then pairing on my phone. The first song I select shows artist info (no album art) but when I change track the screen goes blank again

Hi

Can you provide logs when you have this issue please?

AlbumArt is not supported via A2DP,

Ok, this is slowly but surely driving me mad.

So, I’m trying to get BT audio from my phone to OSMC for the best part of 3 days. I have a RPi3 and a bunch of old BT dongles, none of which I’m sure are compatible, but I’ve tried them all anyway + the built-in BT (which I know is problematic, but still I had to try). The result it always the same. I can discover, pair and connect and my phone thinks it’s sending the audio to OSMC just fine. I can see the track info (with varying success and delay depending on which BT adapter I try), but NEVER did I hear a single peep coming from the speakers. I’ve tried everything I could find in this thread. Amixer shows all volumes at 100%. Tried all the different /boot/config.txt option mentioned here and still no success. I would imagine that with at least one of the BT adapters I should have had audio, any audio, stuttering or not.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Right - my official bluetooth dongle arrived in New Zealand today, but can’t seem to get it working.

Is there a simple how to guide?

I’ve plugged it into the RPi3.

added the lines (dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt) into my config.txt file (and also disabled wifi). Gone into MyOSMC and it has found my two bluetooth devices (headphones and an iphone) but it won’t pair. Tried removing the dongle to check that the onboard BT isn’t working (it isn’t). Turned everything on and off a few times and tried the dongle in a different USB port.

Checked manually for OSMC updates - there aren’t any (OSMC December 2016 2016.12-1).

What should I do (or provide) next?

thanks

Hi

Can you provide logs please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC

It sounds like you haven’t got app-a2dp-osmc installed if you cannot pair this is the package that adds the required packages and config to support A2DP streaming

sudo apt-get install -f a2dp-app-osmc

will work out how to do the logs - I’ve tried the sudo apt-get install -f a2dp-app-osmc
and get “E: Unable to locate package a2dp-app-osmc”. So might be doing something stupid here?

logs (probably overkill) at http://paste.osmc.io/juxobotuca (I’ll have a go at seeing if I can isolate things a bit more)

thanks

Have you installed the latest Krypton Build see this is a prerequsite for using BTPlayer

I’ve tried the two lines:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

they seem to do stuff - but when I am in Kodi it still says Kodi 16.1.

Still can not pair bluetooth.

I’ve been dumb and haven’t done the wget steps above. will try

You need to follow the first post here to install Krypton [TESTING] Kodi 17 (Krypton) Beta Builds for all platforms before installing a2dp-app-osmc

Then do sudo apt-get install -f a2dp-app-osmc

The wget instructions will install an old package of

1 Like