[Deprecated] [TESTING] Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP)

My headphones (ATH-Sr50BT). I also tried my phone (LG G7) with the same non-result.
I already tried bluetoothctl through SSH/putty (see my previous reply 3 comments up).
Is there another way to do this? Should I retry it with the log active?

Try sudo connmanctl enable bluetooth first

“sudo connmanctl enable bluetooth” returns an error “bluetooth: already enabled”.

“bluetoothctl” afterwards, still just results in an endless “waiting to connect to bluetoothd…”

Ok — that’s odd. Does WiFi work OK?

There is no option for enabling wireless in MyOSMC/Network. Only menu points for “Wired”, “Bluetooth” and “MySQL”.
I’ve only been running the Vero4K in wired mode and never tried wireless, since I prefer wired.

Can you try sudo connmanctl enable wifi?
Maybe your WiFi chip is faulty (handles both BT and WiFi)

Sam

Error wifi: Method “SetProperty” with signature “sv” on interface “net.connman.Technology” doesn’t exist

Please power off the device and reinstall OSMC and see if the WiFi appears. There may be a problem with the onboard chip

Sam

I’ve now reinstalled with the latest Vero4k image.
MyOSMC/Network still showing no Wireless option.
After checking that, I ran the a2dp install command and tried bluetoothctl again, with the same results as above.
(“bluetoothctl” gives endless waiting, “systemctl status bluetooth” says inactive/dead and “sudo connmanctl enable bluetooth” and “sudo connmanctl enable wifi” give the same error messages as above).

If you don’t see WiFi showing up, then something may be wrong with the internal adapter. You should contact support@osmc.tv with your order details.

Sam

How can I install a2dp on the latest osmc pi release?

Last year I just run apt-get install a2dp-app-osmc but this package does not exist anymore?

No change there, what happens if you run sudo apt-get install a2dp-app-osmc?
Also provide URL of grab-logs -a

Hi there,

I’m trying to get Kodi to play audio over some Bluetooth headphones, however am not having any luck.

I can successfully connect to the headphones in the Bluetooth manager, and have changed the audio source to ALSA: Pulse Audio.

When I press play on my audio file (SampleAudio.mp3) the file is highlighted in blue as if it was playing, however the timer in the top right corner of the screen doesn’t move from 00:00/00:45. (Sometimes I even get -00:01/00:45).

If I use the HDMI for audio playback everything operates a expected and sound is played via my audio amplifier.

This is a fresh install of 2019.7-1 with only the a2dp-osmc-app package installed and a SampleAudio.mp3 added to the home folder for test.

I am using a Pi3 with the internal bluetooth module.

Have I missed anything critical?

Logs are here: https://paste.osmc.tv/xiotusihu

Hi All!

I’m new on this forum and btw OSMC rocks! :slight_smile:

So, I have a Raspberry PI 3B running the latest version of OSMC (i.e. July) and an Aukey BR-C1 bluetooth receiver. I’m trying to make them cooperate (it would be great if I could get rid of the audio cable), but I get stuck at a certain point, and I’m hoping to receive some advice.

Initially pairing didn’t work, but after a bit of searching I found that i needed to install ‘sudo apt-get install a2dp-app-osmc’. Once everything got installed, pairing started to work. It took me a few minutes to realize which output device I have to select in Kodi (ALSA: Playback/recording through the PulseAudio sound driver), so I thought all’s fine and dandy, but this is where I get stuck: unfortunately there’s no sound in my speakers (Microlab Solo 7C). I have no clue how to continue or what to do next.

I noticed the following:

• after pairing the LEDs on the Aukey turn solid blue meaning that the connection was successful and there should be sound once something plays, but after selecting the above mentioned output device in Kodi, the LEDs start flashing once every 3 seconds meaning that it goes into Call Mode (like when you receive a call on your phone); at this point if I play a movie, there’s no sound, everything is muted
  • the movie does not play fluently, sometimes the image freezes, but I know that it’s playing since I can see the subtitles rolling

So, yeah, that’s what happens. Any thoughts or ideas? Any logs that I could check? I’m a noob Linux terminal user, but I would happily try a few things with your guidance. Almost forgot, I’m not using a dongle, haven’t tried yet since I don’t own one, so I’m trying to use the internal bluetooth module of the Raspberry PI. Though, I would give the dongle a try if you recommended it.

Some logs FYI: https://paste.osmc.tv/aditogabiw

Thanks!

1. Using the internal bluetooth module (especially if you use wifi) is known to be troublesome. But still might work see my next two points
  2. Did you change the Audio Output under Settings → System → Audio (ALSA: Playback/recording through the PulseAudio sound driver)? If you done that HDMI audio will go away as soon as the Speaker/Headphone connects
  3. If your Headphone register as Headset there might be another step needed as explained here
    Problem with bluetooth headphones - #29 by RobertJRussellLives
1 Like

That sounds like the topic people have with headsets. Check the link I just posted for the other persons question.

@fzinken

Thank you for your time today.

Step 3 was what I needed to complete.

Using pactl list-sources short showed three items, one alsa and two bluez.

After setting my first bluez item to a a2dp_sink everything is working.

Thank you.

@ fzinken
Same here like in conoral11’s case: running that command made it work. Thank you! Of course, in my case there’s a delay issue (i.e. the sound is not in sync with the video), but I believe that can be worked on either by setting the sound ahead ~0.200 seconds or by getting an external (better quality?) bluetooth dongle.

In hopes that it could help others as well:

• it seems that setting the audio device to the a2dp output device stays permanent; I mean I was afraid that I’d have to set this after every reboot, but luckily that’s not the case
  • after a reboot there’s a glitch though: pairing is not happening automatically, so I have to go and hit ‘Re-connect’ in the Bluetooth settings; then I get a sad face for like 5 seconds after which OSMC comes back to normal and there’s sound via bluetooth

I wonder if any of the above mentioned issues could be eliminated by using that dongle from the OSMC Store?

I am not able to discover the osmc box although I set discoverable yes and pairable yes in Bluetoothctl

Some digging reveals a wrong service class is announced

hciconfig -a
hci0: Type: Primary Bus: UART
BD Address: B8:27:EB:48:CF:D4 ACL MTU: 1021:8 SCO MTU: 64:1
UP RUNNING PSCAN
RX bytes:300644724 acl:623993 sco:0 events:384 errors:0
TX bytes:10374 acl:298 sco:0 commands:121 errors:0
Features: 0xbf 0xfe 0xcf 0xfe 0xdb 0xff 0x7b 0x87
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
Link policy: RSWITCH SNIFF
Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
Name: ‘osmc’
Class: 0x0c041c
Service Classes: Rendering, Capturing
Device Class: Audio/Video, Portable Audio
HCI Version: 4.1 (0x7) Revision: 0x0
LMP Version: 4.1 (0x7) Subversion: 0x6119
Manufacturer: Broadcom Corporation (15)

I can pair with other devices if THEY are able to be discovered, and then I can stream from them, however.

According to a post in the raspberrypi.org forum it may be a problem with the latest bluetooth version 5.43

Best wishes

Vibe

I’ll give BlueZ an upgrade soon.