Do I need dedicated RPI for Lightberry?

Alright! Hope this will workout

Update!

I got all my stuff and been banging my head against a wall for a few nights with all of this.

Problem is, I can’t get hyperion to light up the leds via video feed, Hyperion app for iOS or hyperion console commands.

When I plug in the PSU for the led strip and arduino I get some random leds light up on the strip. If I plug the power in/out. When I plug in the USB input from raspberry (OSMC) all the leds shut down.

Some photos of the issues:
http://imgur.com/a/MaSfo

What I’ve tried / what I can do:
-Video grabber works (I’m able to take a screenshots of the video input with console commands)
-Hyperion’s output is set to /dev/ttyACM0 which is correct for the arduino-converter controlling leds (tested by plugging the device in/out and checking ‘ls /dev/tty*’
-I can connect via Hyperion mobile app and Hyperion listens to the app correctly (checked by running hyperion manually and checking it’s console log with 'sudo hyperiond /opt/hyperion/config/hyperion.config.json
-I’ve tried to disable/enable video grabber and other settings from hyperion config and tried several baud rates and output device settings (adalight, ws2801 etc…) nothing seems to work
-I’ve tried to power the led strip from both ends (currently plugged so that it’s in the correct end and follows the direction shown by the little arrows on the strip
-I’ve tried running Adalight’s “color swirl” Processing sketch manually for the arduino, but I get nothing.

I’m stuck :frowning: - Any help/tips would be awesome!