Dolby Vision support

Yeah, that’s what I said :slight_smile: It has all the jailbroken Oppo 203 features, including it’s reference picture quality. So all it’s really missing is Kodi, which is a must for me and I don’t want to have two devices.

Actually, the Vero costs 108 GBP, which is ~125eur. The device I’m talking about is 260eur incl. shipping and import. So it’s “only” twice as much. But prices have already gone down so I think it’ll reduce further when people stop mass-ordering these from China.

Maybe. The seller provides a warranty though and exchanges don’t seem to be an issue.

@sam_nazarko

Not trying to revisit the same old discussion regarding DV… However has the possibility been discussed for the community to ‘pay’ for the DV add-on or something in order to cover some steep licensing costs? In the end DV is better than HDR10 from a viewers perspective. And I would expect that even though the DV content at this point is relatively low to increase in the future. When DV content is as widely accessible as HDR10 that would be my choice.

I wouldnt mind to ‘pay’ an extra fee just for an DV add-on or something on my vero instead of having to replace the device in the future. Perhaps some food for (internal) discussion at OSMC :wink:

@sam_nazarko said many times that he has no intentions of locking the os down wich would be needed if he wanted to apply for a DV license

I don’t have any update at this time.

Sam

@sam_nazarko

Is it still true that Dolby Vision is not supported? I bought an OLED TV that supports Dolby Vision and I don’t want to replace the Vero 4k+ with another player or have to buy a second player for Dolby Vision - would it be an option to offer Dolby Vision support as a paid addon or something like that?

More recent comment from a similar thread

thank you, I had overlooked!