Easter update - music visualization not working any more

No problem :+1:

Thank you SO MUCH!!

I am running on OSMC with Kodi 18.3 to which I just updated 1 hour ago.
From the post above I might have missed it: The random visualization in Shadertoy still doesn’t work (anymore), means you can only select a certain preset manually and then stay with it.

Is that correct?

P.S. Except the limitation described, Shadertoy works for me.

Very cool! Thanks for building. Have you tried building ProjectM? That would be a really cool one to have.

Projectm does not work on raspberry pi. He crashes Kodi.

1 Like

Thank you! Out of interest, why does this no longer work using the add-ons from the “official” popcornmix repo?

Because they are no longer maintained there

I can’t seem to download from the repo? I get as far as installing from zip file, selecting the added repo but I just get an empty folder after that. Are no visualisations maintained anywhere now? I really don’t understand why audio visualisations aren’t a bigger deal in general. Any help would be much appreciated!

They are compiled binary add-ons, so they are not portable across systems like Python add-ons.

Any updates on this in 2021?
Can we confirm a working version of [SHADERTOY] on Raspberry Pi 3 B+
OS Version: OSMC or LibElec version?

even an Old version that worked?

PS found this article: https://ttt.io/glsl-raspberry-pi
… Does this mean that GLS is fixed now? Will [shadertoy] work now?
I tried with OSMC but still a newb… no success.
The Article link states successfully run shaders on the RPi 3B+ and RPi 4, with Raspberry Pi OS Lite 2020-12-02, Linux kernel 5.4.79.
Not OSMC… can anyone help with clarification?

Can someone get OSMC and [Shadertoy] to work on RPi 3B+ in 2021?
Link to [shadertoy]: GitHub - xbmc/visualization.shadertoy: Shadertoy visualizer for Kodi
Thx in advance…

It’s included in v19 builds

Cheers

Sam